360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Egoless Programming
Register
    Hoshikage

Array

Egoless Programming

Hi all,

I just wanted to put this out there for you all to read and think about.

Programmers who feel personally responsible for a program tend to defend it against criticism even if it has obvious shortcomings, in much the same way that a new car buyer will defend his chosen model in spite of its well-known faults. The reason is that the programmer's ego is tied up with the program.

Egoless Programming is a style of group working in which programs are considered to be the common property and responsibility of the group, irrespective of which group member was actually responsible. In this way, the individual's ego is detached from the program. This notion also goes for other things like documentation, designs etc.

I am writing this because I well and truly like this site and we need to put help each other and teach other. We need to work together as a team. If you think an Editor is not good or if there is something wrong with it, why not talk to the developer and see if you can both work together?

PS: I did not proof read this so ignore typos :P
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8242 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pureIso For This Useful Post: