Chao Modding Service
Register
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Chao Modding Service

NOTICE:

I no longer own a 360, and I will no longer be (nor have I been for some time) working on or releasing any mods for the 360. Therefor, I will no longer be accepting mod requests (and, as I'm sure you have noticed, I have not been for quite a while).

To clarify, I am not leaving the modding scene entirely, as I plan to move on to modding the PS4 (quite possibly for this website if the scene is good for it). However, I will not be returning to the 360 modding scene in any large part. I am grateful for the admins for allowing me to remain a member despite my long absences, and I will continue to use that membership to help the community from time to time. Otherwise, I will no longer be working with the 360.

Please PM me with any questions or concerns, and I will do my best to address them as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

As I will not longer be replying to this thread, I'd ask that a staff member please lock it.

I'm having a few issues with the next update to the chao editor. And since I won't be adding the ability to mod multiple chao until all of the planned features are good to go, I'm offering a modding service to anybody who wants more than just one modded chao or wants something the editor doesn't yet provide.

I'm doing this service as a "thank you" to the members of 360haven, and my service is always open. However, that doesn't mean I will always be available 24/7. I live in the US (Texas), so the time when I'm awake will differ from many members. Add to that, I go to school Mondays through Thursdays, and will not be available those days. Other than those four days, I tend to log on between 3pm-10pm central time, and will check periodically between those times. Make sure to keep this in mind before getting upset that your save isn't modded yet; you can post a save at any time and on any day, but I won't be able to get to it until my available time. Also, I'll be sure to let you know about how long any given request will take; if it takes substantially longer than that amount of time (a couple days or so), then feel free to give me a kick in the rear in a PM, though I will genuinely try to make my street dates.

I can mod anything about a chao (stats, color, shiny, animal parts, eyes/mouth, character relations, evolution, hats, etc). However, I'm still researching a few things (second evolution, affinity, etc) and I haven't discovered the in-game cap on those things (ie, what will look natural vs "has science gone too far"), so if modding the second evolution is requested, keep this in mind: mistakes may be made. If a mistake IS made, be sure to let me know, and I'll do my best to correct it.

Now, about the guidelines. There aren't very many, but they must be followed. When you post the save, post also the name of the chao you want modded, and what you want changed; names must have at least two consecutive lowercase letters, and I WILL NOT mod a chao without a name. The reason is because I need the name to locate the chao within all the data. Also, if I'm going to be modding multiple chao, then I need to know which one is which. Which brings me to the next guideline: I am more than willing to mod multiple chao (which is kinda the purpose of this service in the first place). But keep in mind that multiple chao may take longer. It won't be an issue with just a handful, but if you're gonna ask for me to mod more chao than a garden's worth (eight), then expect a delay. And finally, raising the stats above a certain level WILL make most races unwinnable. For this reason, if "max stats" are requested, I will mod them to 3266 (the maximum stats obtainable without cheating), which is plenty high enough to win every competition; if a higher number is desired, make sure to ask for it specifically (the absolute highest that can be achieved through modding is 65535, though I would strongly advise against it if you plan to use the chao for races).

Here's the short version for anybody who doesn't care for all the details or just wants a quick refresher:
    • Post the name of the chao to be modded. It MUST have a name, and the name MUST contain at least two consecutive lowercase letter. Any chao without a name will not be modded.
    • Post what you want changed.
    • More chao to be modded at a time may result in a longer wait.
    • Be specific. If "max stats" is asked for, I'll mod it to 3266 (highest obtainable in-game). If you want a higher number, make sure to specify.

EDIT: Rings are handled in the main save and not the chao save, and I will not mod the main save. Besides, there's nothing you can buy from the black market that can't be added to your chao through modding.
    Last edited by Emerald Lance; 08-09-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6838 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

CombustibleSonic

Re: Chao Modding Service

Chao Name: Nacho
    To be fully evolved into Neutral/Run/Run Chao
    Run lvl 70; stats 1750
    Everything else lvl 50; stats 1250
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?gagghhdgk75hmxu

CombustibleSonic

Quote Originally Posted by CombustibleSonic View Post
    Run lvl 70; stats 1750
    Other Stats lvl 50; stats 1250
    Thanks for Assistance

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Run lvl 70; stats 1750
    Everything else lvl 50; stats 1250
    Here you go. Nacho is changed, as per requested.
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3447545570/savedata.bin

You don't need to fix the hash, but you will need to rehash/resign the SonicAdventure2ChaoGarden file before trying to play it.

EDIT: Sorry for the wait. Found a problem with the second evolution. Should be fixed now.
    Last edited by Emerald Lance; 02-25-2013 at 04:41 AM.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6838 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

CombustibleSonic

Download permission denied by uploader

CombustibleSonic

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Here you go. Nacho is changed, as per requested.
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3447545570/savedata.bin

You don't need to fix the hash, but you will need to rehash/resign the SonicAdventure2ChaoGarden file before trying to play it.

EDIT: Sorry for the wait. Found a problem with the second evolution. Should be fixed now.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Sorry about that. Try this one instead.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n64m4e76k27qzcn

--Gamefaqs.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

CombustibleSonic

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Sorry about that. Try this one instead.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n64m4e76k27qzcn
    Thank you for your help :)

Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast