Haven Donator
    Array

EA Cancels Dead Space 4, Future of Series in Doubt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dead-Space-3-13-640x360.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	11483
    Despite being in the early stages of development, Dead Space 4 has been cancelled following the disappointing sales of Dead Space 3.That’s according to a report published this morning, citing an anonymous source close to the unannounced project. Should it be true the revelation casts doubt over the future of the once-promising action horror series.The source claims that Dead Space 4 was in production at developer Visceral Games, with a small team working on prototypes and potential narratives for the game.However, following the failure of Dead Space 3 to live up to EA’s expectations, the publisher visited the studio last month to inform the team that work should stop.In addition to this the source also provided some insight into the development of Dead Space 3 and none of it reflects well on EA.Apparently the game endured several budget cuts and at one point was almost cancelled. What’s more the publisher is said to have ordered Visceral to change the ammo system in the game to allow for a microtransaction implementation.Dead Space 3’s microtransactions would go on to cause quite a stir, generating ill-will for the title before it was even released.The source claims that Dead Space 3 was to feature a weapon-specific ammo system, but it made a potential microtransaction system cumbersome, so generic ammo was introduced instead.During development and post-release much of the discussion around Dead Space 3 centered on the game’s continuing shift towards all-out action and away from the series’ creepy horror.According to the source this was a publisher-led decision, as EA wanted the game to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. The studio was reportedly told to make Dead Space 3 feel more like Mass Effect.Unfortunately for both EA and Visceral, Dead Space 3’s shift wasn’t enough to secure the future of the series. Launched last month first week sales were down 26.6 per cent on those of Dead Space 2.It has slid pretty quickly down the UK charts too, suggesting that sales are dropping pretty sharply.EA has yet to comment.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stp007 For This Useful Post:

Hoshikage

Array

Re: EA Cancels Dead Space 4, Future of Series in Doubt

I am so happy..in your face Mirco-Transactions.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8247 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Haven's Warrior lv55

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    I am so happy..in your face Mirco-Transactions.
    I love the series and a big fan of a few other ea games .. But the micro-transactions are ridiculous .. First online pass and now this . No wonder they are going down

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5426 || Posts : 771 || Thanks : 286 || Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @
    I'm so glad there sales when to shit n is only gonna get worse for there future titles till they learn there lesson n stop adding ways to get more money out of our pockets you F***ing Money Hungry Company.
    Last edited by thegutta; 03-06-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15497 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Array

Visceral need to find a new publisher, fuck EA
    Downloads : 30 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4871 || Posts : 107 || Thanks : 49 || Thanked 37 Times in 16 Posts

"When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story."

Array
    Ha! Fuck EA and all their bloodsucking kind

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Downloads : 23 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5020 || Posts : 314 || Thanks : 27 || Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

take that EA lol, but i also like Dead Space so it will suck if they dont make another lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24462 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by lewyp1 View Post
    Visceral need to find a new publisher, fuck EA
    I believe Visceral is owned by EA, so they can't just leave, which is a shame. I don't think EA ever just publishes for anybody; they tend to buy out that company (like how they did with Bioware), and then control the company from the top down. God help Ubisoft...

But even still, I think Visceral was a team that was actually created by EA (as opposed to one that was bought out). Kind of like Sonic Team is to Sega, or 343 is to Microsoft. So they don't really have much of a say about what to do with their games, unfortunately.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6839 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast