360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Bioshock Infinite "asking for a SPOILER" never playing this bs again. - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

Re: Bioshock Infinite "asking for a SPOILER" never playing this bs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Original Boss View Post
    Oh so because i'm on PC i'm automatically using a trainer? well i'm not and i never said i was if i was you though i would save up for a JTAG/RGH console that way if you do get stuck on some games you can always use mods to help you out that's what i do or i complete the game normal first then cheat after
    sorry m8, didn't mean to imply and sound like a dick.. this game has just reeeally upset me, i have beaten some of the toughest fps games ever made and this one puts them all to shame.. and its all because of one simple flaw, YOU CAN'T CARRY HEALTH KITS! why??? on every other bioshock game you could, seeing as this is the hardest one ever made, why on earth would they NOT let you carry health kits? it makes no sense and ruins the entire experience! the game would actually be fun if you could just carry health kits, but by not having this option all the game consists of is endlessly dying.. its flat out ridictules!

Haven Donator
    Array
    Twitter: @

Wow. rage? lol its not that hard of a game bro, its also pretty fun, ive beaten its story on normal, it just takes practice, this is my first bioshock game, why do you hate it so much?

Haven Mangekyo Sharigan Master

Array

I have enjoy it so far... some times it can be stressful for any game.. But like all other videos games... Put it down play a different one for a while then come back to it.. Find that it always works.. Some how i end up beating them after doing that...
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5855 || Posts : 1,244 || Thanks : 217 || Thanked 144 Times in 120 Posts

AFX ART: By me

Array

here is a link to a video of the ending posted by ign
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-VJ3j2bPJk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Augustus Gloop For This Useful Post:

Array

I don't see why you're in such a fuss over this. Call of Duty has a stamina system, which is worse than Bioshocks Infinite's Health System. They took out health packs for a challenging reason. Games aren't meant to be babied through and 2k Games certainly didn't want to leave a bad impression about it. The game requires you to be on your toes 24/7 unlike in Bioshock's 1 and 2 where you creep around and ambush Splicers arguing over who's prettier. The game's set up is for you to cooperate with Elizabeth and use her powers to your advantage. You're given PLENTY of weapons since they're all over the place. The only 2 guns that rarely turn up are the Chain Gun from the Patriot enemy and the Heater Shotgun. I'm at the Comstock building area and I've only found the Heater Shotgun 2 times. The ammo is even more scarce than the Resident Evil Pistol. Bioshock Infinite also took a different approach as to what 1 and 2 did. Instead of being a god and having the ability to just gorge yourself on ADAM and use Plasmids all the time, you're forced to scavenge what you can for Salts (with the help of Elizabeth's finds) and use them wisely. Yes the game is hard, its supposed to be challenging and requires you to THINK your actions through instead of just bum rushing like you could in 1 and 2 with just Plasmids alone. I'm on Xbox non-RGH/Jtag. I'm playing on Medium right now, I'll do 1999 after I'm done. ALso if a game frustrates you THAT much you should stop playing it for awhile, come back and then try again. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to break my console over Ninja Gaiden 2 and I think we all know how livid Ninja Gaiden 2 made us . So just relax, take a deep breathe and try again my friend. Everything will be okay.

--Updated--

Ok so I'm a bit miffed with this game now. Having to fight the Vox Zepplin Airship is murder with the oncoming waves. For those of you who haven't gotten this far I will put a spoiler in so I don't ruin the game.
    Ok so I'm at the part where you need to protect the power conduit from hoardes of enemies. I was on Medium difficulty and was forced to bring it down to easy. Even then you die fairly quickly. I don't see any difference other than how and when you're going to die. Since like the OP mentioned before, it's a "do as much damage" before dying type deal. But right now it's irking me to the point of where I kinda wanna hope that someone comes out with an infinite health/salt mod so I can go bang happy with Devil's Kiss. The game overall health system is rather annoying to deal with but I'm trudging through it.
    Last edited by Xenoith; 04-17-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    Downloads : 14 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4791 || Posts : 145 || Thanks : 13 || Thanked 88 Times in 20 Posts

- Aboard for Destiny Beta (Xbox 360)
    Apart of Meowcenaries Squad - Destiny

Array

The best way to approach a Bioshock game is to not think of it as a FPS. FPS are CoD, Halo, Resistance. Bioshock has that old First Person Might and magic feel, and you need to use strategy instead of brute force. Dark Souls was only hard the first time, until you understood how the game worked. Bioshock brings back that old NES difficulty, and I am thankful for that. It made me use the environment in ways I never thought otherwise in easier shooters. If you chose hard(or 1999 mode) on your first playthrough, it is expected to be that hard. I died numerous times because I was playing it like I played Bioshock 1 & 2. Once I got a feel for how the game is suppose to be played it became pretty easy.

Yes, you will die if you try to have a gun fight with 6 police, insterad use vigors to set traps, and distractions, possession on the turrets so the police will destroy it for you. Boss fights are the best part in the game, they are not mindless bosses like in other games that all you need to do is spam one attack until they die.
    I hope you decide to give this game another go, but with the mind set that you cannot play this like a normal FPS. I will not divulge any information pertaining to the events of Bioshock, as it is one of the best games to come out, and you will be ruining one of the better experiences in gaming if you read spoilers.

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
    Ok so I'm a bit miffed with this game now. Having to fight the Vox Zepplin Airship is murder with the oncoming waves. For those of you who haven't gotten this far I will put a spoiler in so I don't ruin the game.
    If you want some tips for that part, read the spoiler, it's how I did it on 1999 while getting scavenger. I missed the thread before so I know this is late, but might be of use in your future playthrough.

Charge with shield recharge/temporary invuln. upgrade is incredibly helpful for this part, while this might be more for 1999 mode since you're shield recharge is longer and must be managed, it should be helpful on every difficulty. Undertow is also useful as most enemies here put themselves in a vulnerable spot to be knocked off the airship. This of course leads me to suggesting Blood to Salts to keep your vigors sustained.

The only other big suggestion I have to make is to manage Songbird according; don't summon him for nothing whenever the time is up. Use him on arriving zephyrs that are still full of enemies and such, or when something is damaging the core that needs to die immediately, but if you use him on an circling zephyr that just has a lone patriot on it, it's really a waste.

Also for the record I thoroughly enjoyed the game (As I have all the Bioshock series) and thought 1999 was the perfect level of challenge for myself. I had zero qualms about not carrying meds/salts as I miss that more classic leveling of difficulty, making resource management more important for example. Losing the ability to carry supplies seemed to be the price to pay for having a shield, which on harder difficulties is admittedly not very help, but if it's causing that much of an issue, well that's what the difficulties are there for; It's not like it was abruptly disruptive to the experience. Regardless I wouldn't change a thing about my experience with the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12