360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
No Post Left Behind! - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

Re: No Post Left Behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Lance View Post
    Let's not forget that this, in and of itself, is another big reason posts are "ignored". 24 hours is a very short window to ensure an answer to a question, 48 hours not so much. As Renegade said, it's all about patience. If a post isn't answered in 24 hours, wait 48; if it isn't answer in 48, wait 72; if after three days it still hasn't been answered, THEN it's being ignored. Usually, posts are answered in just a couple hours. That said, to just expect an answer in less than 24 hours is ridiculous.

In fact, I don't think we even have a rule for old threads. Most other boards do, I don't think we do. For somebody to necro an old thread is always preferable to somebody creating a new one for a subject that already exists. It's the actual bumping itself which is against the rules.

EDIT: As for your quips with the search function, it isn't as bad as you make it out. While it is a bit more difficult to locate a specific thread from several months (or years) ago, that isn't where the issue is; members who ask questions that were already answered eons ago aren't gonna get hounded. The issue is when a member asks a question that could be answered with a quick search (emphasis on the "quick"). I facepalm every time somebody asks for a Skyrim save when simply searching "skyrim" brings up five on the first page; when somebody asks for the Dragon's Dogma editor when simply searching "dogma" brings it up on the first page; when somebody asks how to mod Halo 4 when simply searching "halo" brings it up on the first page.

The search tool isn't perfect, but that imperfection is no excuse to not at least try to use it. In understandable circumstances such as what you describe, nobody is going to get toes stepped on. But any time the search feature is suggested as the answer to a question, it's because the person obviously didn't try.
    Yeah the imperfection is no excuse. But when the forum gives you out of the ball park answer, what else can you do? Lol.
    Downloads : 14 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4754 || Posts : 145 || Thanks : 13 || Thanked 88 Times in 20 Posts

- Aboard for Destiny Beta (Xbox 360)
    Apart of Meowcenaries Squad - Destiny

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
    It's not a personal attack towards you, so don't take it that way please. I understand people have their own lives, we all do. The question is more directed to why there are usually new post sitting around and then end up dead within 24-48 hours of being posted and then people bump them like crazy which necro's them. Usually if we answer the material the person will go on with their day and nobody needs to be yelled at for necroing. I would assume the same rules apply for any forum about Necroing threads?

Another thing, like I said don't take it personally but you make SE's usually out of your own free will or if not by request. You have the right to say "No." at any given time. It does not mean however someone won't find another way to get one out there. So in short, you'd just be a means to an end. Moving on towards the more important issue at hand. The search function is a very vague tool here. I can search for keywords and I'll get like 30 post or more. For instance.

I checked one day in the search for a "Dead Island" SE. I ended up getting
    -Gibbed's ME3 Editor
    -Borderlands 2 Modding
    and Jappi's Dark Soul Editor Final Version. Also using the keyword search turns up dry due to it not being able to find the correct variable of a specific word.

Try this instead.

• "Dead Island SE"
    • Dead+Island+SE
    • Dead,Island,SE
    • Dead.Island.SE
    • Dead.Island.SE
    • [Dead Island SE]
    • {Dead Island SE}
    • 'Dead Island SE'
    • <Dead Island SE>

http://www.360haven.com/?pageid=Google_Search
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9404 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by cybersam View Post
    well... sometimes people don't have an answer for what ever reason so they don't post...
    and those who can... just didn't check that post be it for the sheer amount of posts they have checked already or what ever reason

and as lots of people post... i don't think there is a single person who can check every single post...
    time is also a factor... not every one can spend the whole day on the forum and checking all the posts

so i hope people can understand the situation and why some post go unnoticed and others go unanswered...
    i for one when i find the time to check post
    i do try to help
    and i'm very positive that everyone else in the staff and a lot of the active members also try to help where they can
    obviously you dont know me cyber, i see every new thread/post created, i check for new threads/posts every few seconds and im on 360haven almost all the time too lol, yes im that dedicated, the problem is i either dont know the answers to questions being asked or i cant fill the request be asked for or the question/request can be answered/filled by using the search function, if i can answer the question or fill the request then i will try to but im not that confident in my skills so sometimes i grow hesitant to post, yes i know what your thinking how could the post king be afraid to post lol, dont ask me why just the way i am lol
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24456 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    ...time is also a factor... not every one can spend the whole day on the forum and checking all the posts...
    obviously you dont know me cyber, i see every new thread/post created, i check for new threads/posts every few seconds and im on 360haven almost all the time too lol, yes im that dedicated, the problem is i either dont know the answers to questions being asked or i cant fill the request be asked for or the question/request can be answered/filled by using the search function, if i can answer the question or fill the request then i will try to but im not that confident in my skills so sometimes i grow hesitant to post, yes i know what your thinking how could the post king be afraid to post lol, dont ask me why just the way i am lol
    did you actually read my whole post ?!:. or did you skipp a few parts ?!
    i didn't say no one can sped the whole day checking for new and all post just to answer like the spa... i mean post king ^_^

and yea its hard to imagine that you are sometimes hesitant to post... ^_^
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7476 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

did you actually read my whole post ?!:. or did you skipp a few parts ?!
    i didn't say no one can sped the whole day checking for new and all post just to answer like the spa... i mean post king ^_^

and yea its hard to imagine that you are sometimes hesitant to post... ^_^
    no i did read it all ;), i just felt like replying
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24456 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    no i did read it all ;), i just felt like replying
    cloud now you need to do your best even more to answer all unread posts lol , no worries i got your back with answering and posting
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18421 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array

Yeh, and try not to use your limit break else they will flee
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9404 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12