360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
No Post Left Behind!
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

No Post Left Behind!

Hey guys I'd just like to start off strong and simply ask. For as many people as we have on this forum, why do a lot of the more simple post go ignored? Do people just not want to answer the questions? I mean granted I've seen a lot of new members ask for help and I try to answer to the best of my ability and I'm no innocent lamb, I've ignored people before but mainly due to self-righteous ignorance. I'd just like to know why it happens, I'm guessing we have well over 600+ members if not more? I mean I understand a lot of people MAY not have the answer to a particular question, but I'm sure there is someone out there who can answer what someone else can't. I'd just like to see better feedback on the forums. It just feels like a certain group is being catered to when it comes to giving answers, I could be wrong though. I don't know. But I'm not trying to bust balls, it's just my thoughts! I love you guys!
    Downloads : 14 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4782 || Posts : 145 || Thanks : 13 || Thanked 88 Times in 20 Posts

- Aboard for Destiny Beta (Xbox 360)
    Apart of Meowcenaries Squad - Destiny

Haven Donator

Array

Re: No Post Left Behind!

I think most of the members answer questions to the best of there abilities, the posts that get ignored, maybe if they used the search function and did a little work on there own, they could answer there own questions
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5290 || Posts : 892 || Thanks : 148 || Thanked 223 Times in 122 Posts

Extorris
    Array

Patience is a virtue. Posts will be answered ASAP. Do remember we do have our own lives to attend to. We do not sit on this form all day staring at the screen. If a user is patient, they will be answered. On top of that we are always dedicated our free time to develop save editors for the price of nothing. The least people can do is be patient.
    Downloads : 65 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 8159 || Posts : 2,626 || Thanks : 181 || Thanked 2,896 Times in 827 Posts

Renegade's Services: All services require you to pay the Postage and Packaging any method you prefer. Shipping within the UK only unless special circumstances.

Xbox 360:

DVD Drive Flashing - £10 (depending on console type, you may need to purchase a new PCB for Slim Consoles) - Includes backup of your drive files and DVD key on a CD-ROM
    DVD Key Retrieval - £10 - Does not include the DVD Drive being flashed.
    JTAG Installations - £15 - Complete installation of the JTAG exploit - Original NAND Backups and starter software on a CD-ROM- Extra £5 for FSD/Homebrew/Games Setup!
    Reset Glitch Hack (RGH) Installations - £20 + Money for the Glitch Chip of your choice - Dual/Triple-NAND addons are £5 more and you also provide the money for the Dual/Triple Chip
    xKey/Wasabi Installations - £70-80 (Including the device + DVD retrieval)
    RRoD Reflow Service - £20
    RRoD Reballing Service - £40-60 price varies depending on the chip. It may have to be refitted with a new GPU or CPU chip

Nintendo Wii Softmodding - £15 including SD card pre-loaded with apps and NAND Backup.

Nintendo DS/DSL/DSi Flashcart Installation - £15 including Flashcard

Playstation 3: Softmodding + Backuploader/Homebrew set up - £15 - Must be on firmware 3.55 or below.

For more information or if you are interested. PM me or contact me on Skype: ProjectRGX or AIM: Renegade1990

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Renegade For This Useful Post:

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

well... sometimes people don't have an answer for what ever reason so they don't post...
    and those who can... just didn't check that post be it for the sheer amount of posts they have checked already or what ever reason

and as lots of people post... i don't think there is a single person who can check every single post...
    time is also a factor... not every one can spend the whole day on the forum and checking all the posts

so i hope people can understand the situation and why some post go unnoticed and others go unanswered...
    i for one when i find the time to check post
    i do try to help
    and i'm very positive that everyone else in the staff and a lot of the active members also try to help where they can
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7504 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Patience is a virtue. Posts will be answered ASAP. Do remember we do have our own lives to attend to. We do not sit on this form all day staring at the screen. If a user is patient, they will be answered. On top of that we are always dedicated our free time to develop save editors for the price of nothing. The least people can do is be patient.
    It's not a personal attack towards you, so don't take it that way please. I understand people have their own lives, we all do. The question is more directed to why there are usually new post sitting around and then end up dead within 24-48 hours of being posted and then people bump them like crazy which necro's them. Usually if we answer the material the person will go on with their day and nobody needs to be yelled at for necroing. I would assume the same rules apply for any forum about Necroing threads?

Another thing, like I said don't take it personally but you make SE's usually out of your own free will or if not by request. You have the right to say "No." at any given time. It does not mean however someone won't find another way to get one out there. So in short, you'd just be a means to an end. Moving on towards the more important issue at hand. The search function is a very vague tool here. I can search for keywords and I'll get like 30 post or more. For instance.

I checked one day in the search for a "Dead Island" SE. I ended up getting
    -Gibbed's ME3 Editor
    -Borderlands 2 Modding
    and Jappi's Dark Soul Editor Final Version. Also using the keyword search turns up dry due to it not being able to find the correct variable of a specific word.
    Downloads : 14 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4782 || Posts : 145 || Thanks : 13 || Thanked 88 Times in 20 Posts

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt View Post
    I think most of the members answer questions to the best of there abilities, the posts that get ignored, maybe if they used the search function and did a little work on there own, they could answer there own questions
    I agree with drizzt.

A lot questions are being ignored, why? aren't you cool enough or perhaps you're a low ranked member? well......... No!!
    Because there's many answers to these many questions, and it's been answered over and over and over.... and over again.

Indeed, consider searching for an answer. There are many helpful volunteers willing to help out, and your question may have already be asked and answered by someone else.
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9432 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I agree with drizzt.

A lot questions are being ignored, why? aren't you cool enough or perhaps you're a low ranked member? well......... No!!
    Because there's many answers to these many questions, and it's been answered over and over and over.... and over again.

Indeed, consider searching for an answer. There are many helpful volunteers willing to help out, and your question may have already be asked and answered by someone else.
    I answered that in my above post. :P

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenoith For This Useful Post:

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
    there are usually new post sitting around and then end up dead within 24-48 hours of being posted
    Let's not forget that this, in and of itself, is another big reason posts are "ignored". 24 hours is a very short window to ensure an answer to a question, 48 hours not so much. As Renegade said, it's all about patience. If a post isn't answered in 24 hours, wait 48; if it isn't answer in 48, wait 72; if after three days it still hasn't been answered, THEN it's being ignored. Usually, posts are answered in just a couple hours. That said, to just expect an answer in less than 24 hours is ridiculous.

In fact, I don't think we even have a rule for old threads. Most other boards do, I don't think we do. For somebody to necro an old thread is always preferable to somebody creating a new one for a subject that already exists. It's the actual bumping itself which is against the rules.

EDIT: As for your quips with the search function, it isn't as bad as you make it out. While it is a bit more difficult to locate a specific thread from several months (or years) ago, that isn't where the issue is; members who ask questions that were already answered eons ago aren't gonna get hounded. The issue is when a member asks a question that could be answered with a quick search (emphasis on the "quick"). I facepalm every time somebody asks for a Skyrim save when simply searching "skyrim" brings up five on the first page; when somebody asks for the Dragon's Dogma editor when simply searching "dogma" brings it up on the first page; when somebody asks how to mod Halo 4 when simply searching "halo" brings it up on the first page.

The search tool isn't perfect, but that imperfection is no excuse to not at least try to use it. In understandable circumstances such as what you describe, nobody is going to get toes stepped on. But any time the search feature is suggested as the answer to a question, it's because the person obviously didn't try.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6861 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emerald Lance For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast