Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Array

Xbox 360 PayPal update arrives right on schedule ... in some territories

Name:  xbox-360-paypal-mock-530w.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  17.2 KB

Microsoft has today begun the anticipated rollout of probably the least anticipated Xbox 360 system update in the post-NXE era. The automatic update is being "gradually" deployed to consoles across the globe through Xbox Live over the next few weeks. "Just like any other update to our service," Major Nelson notes, "you will know you've received it when you turn on your Xbox 360 console, connect to Xbox Live and receive a notification to download the update."

Most notable, the update includes the option to add your PayPal account as a billing option on the console (it was previously limited to Xbox.com) for Microsoft Points and Marketplace content purchases. The feature will be available to all Xbox Live users, excluding those in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Japan, Russia, South Africa, South Korea and Taiwan. So ... just a few (million) people left out.

Additionally, the new system update adds and enables (by default) an auto-standby feature that's activated after one hour of console inactivity. You can switch it off in System Settings, but ... why? Finally, the update will also introduce support for the new Xbox game disc format (a.k.a. "XGD3"), which adds 1GB of storage capacity and some fresh anti-piracy coating.

According to internal documents we obtained earlier this month, Avatar Kinect is scheduled to be released as a separate update on May 27.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 05-21-2011 at 02:12 AM.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6952 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Haven Donator

Array

Re: Xbox 360 PayPal update arrives right on schedule ... in some territories

Hmm so once again Multimedia get left out, it 2011 yet still no compatibility with the mkv codec, its kinda sad.

Not that I care too much at home, but when I go back to my old folks home over the weekends, their pc doesn't have a Graphics card so I cant watch most my movies :(
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5594 || Posts : 713 || Thanks : 107 || Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

Array

i still havent had the update but a few friends have, not that i mind no new features i care for.

iCypher

I wonder what would happen if you purchased 4000 Microsoft points and then charged back.

Inactive Member
    Array

bad it not work in Russia

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by iCypher View Post
    I wonder what would happen if you purchased 4000 Microsoft points and then charged back.
    That would be awesome, lol.
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9404 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

About time they added Paypal support.

bigislander

Anyone got the avatar kinect update cuz i havent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast