Haven Donator
    Array

Gamers plan campaign to end DRM on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	playstation-4-dualshock-4.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	12311

Microsoft and Sony’s used game policies for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 remain unclear. Both companies have confirmed that their respective consoles can play used games, however they would not go into further detail. An earlier rumor suggested that Sony would incorporate some form of digital rights management (DRM) for pre-owned games, while a second report claimed that Microsoft would only allow select retailers to resell games. Gamers are becoming increasingly frustrated with both companies for not addressing the issue at hand.

PlayStation enthusiasts recently set up a social media campaign to voice their concerns, and while the movement received widespread media coverage and attention from Sony executives, no questions were answered. The gamers, who originated from popular gaming forum NeoGAF, are at in again and this time are targeting executives from both Microsoft and Sony before the two companies take the stage at the Electronic Entertainment Expo later this month.Beginning on the morning of June 5th, Xbox and PlayStation gamers will deliver Microsoft and Sony a simple message: Let gamers play games anywhere, whether at a friend’s house or their own, and let them sell and buy games wherever they please.

The movement will use the hashtag #PS4NoDRM and #XboxOneNoDRM on social media in the hopes of grabbing the attention of others. Members are also encouraged to reach out to executives through Twitter, email or by any other means to have their voices heard. The Electronic Entertainment Expo is scheduled to take place from June 11th to June 13th in Los Angeles.

This article was originally published on BGR.com

Array

Re: Gamers plan campaign to end DRM on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

If Sony or MS use the Used game DRM and that in turn makes me not able to sell when completed on ebay then I'm boycotting.

I normally sell my completed game's on ebay and then use that money to buy new game's from shopto. That's the only way I buy games.
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5178 || Posts : 610 || Thanks : 495 || Thanked 620 Times in 178 Posts

Array

same here because after I beat a game I don't touch it again its on to the next game. so selling it on ebay to recoup some of the $60 helps with the next game or pre order.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBASSxMONSTAx View Post
    If Sony or MS use the Used game DRM and that in turn makes me not able to sell when completed on ebay then I'm boycotting.

I normally sell my completed game's on ebay and then use that money to buy new game's from shopto. That's the only way I buy games.
    Downloads : 19 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4505 || Posts : 257 || Thanks : 125 || Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @
    Stp007 Read ===> http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25222 Sony don't have any problems with use games just admit it Microsoft and there Cablebox One are the only "One" with the problem money hungry Aholes lol
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15471 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Array

While I'm all for the idea, I don't see this working at all. I think the only way to really send the message that we're not interested in such DRM-ridden consoles is to not buy it. If people make the purchase, they're not going to care how many complaints they hear, because the money is still going in their pockets.