360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Anybody ready to realize that Sony is a joke when it comes to security yet?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Developer

Array
    Twitter: @

Anybody ready to realize that Sony is a joke when it comes to security yet?

http://www.dailytech.com/Bringing+Gr...ticle21723.htm

I have never bought a Sony product in my life, and I will never buy one in the future. Maybe people will start to wake up to what a horrible company they really are ...

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Re: Anybody ready to realize that Sony is a joke when it comes to security yet?

For somebody who has sucky security, they sure did last a long time. If I recall correctly, the PS3 took longer to successfully hack than most other systems combined.

Of course, I WILL admit that a console that is too difficult to hack is one that I won't plan on buying soon. Let's hope the 3DS gets a good flash card soon.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6838 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Developer

Array

But the problem is, once they are hacked, they don't know how to fix it. And they are proving it left and right. Microsoft at least knows how to properly patch things when exploited. Also, Sony will just start removing things, like the Other OS, backwards compatibility, etc. from their console, so people that buy their products get everything they deserve and more.

Array

Sony down and down, and will down more.

In Japan Sony have a lot Justice falls, Its 1 Billion yens now.

Hoshikage

Array

People People, Sony is an Hardware Company which cannot be compared with Microsoft. The fact is, any system can be hack and any networked can be hacked with a very determined group or individual. Sony was just unlucky. Sony out source there security / software development while Microsoft has an in house developers. Shouldn't we be blaming the hackings who think they can't put justice in there own hands?
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8247 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Developer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    People People, Sony is an Hardware Company which cannot be compared with Microsoft. The fact is, any system can be hack and any networked can be hacked with a very determined group or individual. Sony was just unlucky. Sony out source there security / software development while Microsoft has an in house developers. Shouldn't we be blaming the hackings who think they can't put justice in there own hands?
    And exactly why Microsoft is the superior company, thanks for pointing that out, but I don't condemn any of the hackers, as this one was a LONG time coming ...

When you screw people over for long enough, this is the result. Sony is NOT innocent. I know from experience.

DEADBEEF

Array

I think Sony has asked for it by singling out and attacking users instead of fixing their own mistakes. That's why Microsoft hasn't fell (as hard) yet because instead of attacking they just resolve their problems. Who's really to blame; the company who continuously makes their own faulty software/hardware and is unable to fix it and at the risk of millions of people's identity and information being compromised, or the people who are just simply pointing out the obvious? I think we know the answer is simple... I'm not saying that I completely condone all of it but it's at least good to know that there are people willing to do what it takes to let it be known that something as big as Sony isn't as safe as they should be. It's not just Sony's business and reputation at stake, the more important is the fact that the every day consumers are also in jeopardy solely because Sony fails to do their homework.

Hoshikage

Array

Quote Originally Posted by brienj View Post
    And exactly why Microsoft is the superior company, thanks for pointing that out, but I don't condemn any of the hackers, as this one was a LONG time coming ...

When you screw people over for long enough, this is the result. Sony is NOT innocent. I know from experience.
    Microsoft is superior on software basis because they are software development team. But you can't compare Sony's hardware to Microsofts hardware.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8247 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast