360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
X1 initial perception
Register
    DaisanIII

Sweat X1 initial perception

May sound off, but I was initially more excited at how the X1 was going to operate. The thing most particularly bothering may have been the kinect but otherwise I enjoyed an actual difference between the two systems.

Since the backlash about the constant connection and etc. it really is only the cloud system that Microsoft has different than Sony.

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: X1 initial perception

Ah well... the only reason why I bought an Xbox 360 over a PS3 in the first place was because it is easier to play copied games on the Xbox 360 (thanks to C4Eva) and it is easier to mod the saves and install trainers too. Had the PS3 been easier to crack maybe I would have bought that one.

So, my decision on whether I will buy an X1 or a PS4 will largely depend on how easy they are to crack and customize. But right now, I'm putting my money on the PS4.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Sadly, what a lot of people don't realize is that the X1 and PS4 were going to be more or less the same, sans the Kinect and lending games to friends. What happened is just that Sony paid attention to reactions on the X1 DRM policy and just decided not to talk about how they themselves were planning mostly the same things for the PS4. This allowed them to pretty much sidestep all of the negativity that just practices were (are) garnering and redirect everything at Microsoft.

That said, I would say Sony was extremely smart about it, while Microsoft handled the whole thing like a bunch of asses; where Sony actively tried to take focus away from their own DRM policies, Microsoft openly insulted those who wouldn't be able to play the X1. I think Sony's underhandedness is the lesser of two evils when compared to Microsoft's outright arrogance and and blatant insults. It was for this reason that I decided to go with PS4 despite similar DRM policies, so even when Microsoft went back and changed their own policies, it's their attitude that's keeping me from buying their new console from them.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6851 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Array

The always online thingy isn't really a problem for me, whenever I get home from work I usually turn my console on.

However I can imagine some great trolling with the voice stuff... like when someone is about to beat a tough part in the game and you yell "Xbox turn off" :P
    Downloads : 24 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4639 || Posts : 271 || Thanks : 247 || Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

Victory costs. Every time, you pay a little more.

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by John Henry Eden View Post
    The always online thingy isn't really a problem for me, whenever I get home from work I usually turn my console on.

However I can imagine some great trolling with the voice stuff... like when someone is about to beat a tough part in the game and you yell "Xbox turn off" :P
    lol that would make me so mad if someone did that to me, i would have to omnislash them
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24474 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife7x View Post
    lol that would make me so mad if someone did that to me, i would have to omnislash them
    I did that yesterday.
    A friend texted me that he was fighting an epic battle in Ryse, and wanted me to come over to see.
    I called him knowing he always answers his phone on speakerphone, so I shouted it as after he answered, and it worked.
    Muah ha ha!!!

LMFAO

Haven Donator
    Chaos
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by John Henry Eden View Post

even if the xbox registers that command, it asks if they really want the xbox to turn off. Ex: "Xbox Turn Off", then the xbox asks "Are you sure you want to turn off your console?" and you can either reply yes or no.
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 4806 || Posts : 182 || Thanks : 148 || Thanked 88 Times in 39 Posts

Alert Warning. If you are reading this, then you wasted your time.