360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Bungie: 1.3 billion Reach games played
Register
    VIP Member

Array

Bungie: 1.3 billion Reach games played

Halo developer parses statistics for futuristic Xbox 360-exclusive shooter; title reached lofty figure 14 months faster than Halo 3.

Halo: Reach, Bungie's final Halo title, released in the middle of September. It won rave reviews, and minted over $200 million in its first 24 hours. One of the game's biggest draws is its robust multiplayer component, which is stuffed with dozens of gametypes and environments. Now, Bungie is reminding the community just how popular the game is through Xbox Live.

Reach dethroned Halo 3's billion tally in just three months.

Bungie released an infographic this weekend with its Weekly Update filled with numerous playtime statistics, but one screamed louder than the rest. Bungie announced that gamers have logged over 1.3 billion games through Xbox Live since the title released in September. By comparison, Halo 2 never eclipsed 800 million games played, and Halo 3 took over 17 months to reach the billion games played mark.

Additional statistics released included players earning over 900 trillion credits (Reach's in-game currency), Bungie employees losing over 23,000 matchmade games, and the total userbase racking up a gargantuan 33 billion kills (across campaign, Firefight, and multiplayer). For the full Halo: Reach statistic breakdown, check out Bugie's infographic.

For more on Halo: Reach, which recently deployed its first $10 downloadable map pack, check out GameSpot's review of Halo: Reach.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jkipp82 For This Useful Post:

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @
    and ive played none of them...
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8558 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts

VIP Member

Array
    Me either i suck at competitive shooters thats why i dont go online cuz i spend most of my time respawning.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6931 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Follow the Buzzards
    SterlingArcher

Array
    Twitter: @
    same with me. ill play racing games online. as long as people dont race like bumper cars.
    Downloads : 140 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 8558 || Posts : 3,353 || Thanks : 1,204 || Thanked 1,445 Times in 637 Posts