360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] Diablo 3 Decrypt/Encrypt Tool v1.0 - Page 9
Register
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

Re: Diablo 3 Decrypt/Encrypt Tool v1.0

So is there some Sort of additional CRC or not?

If a single Values can be changed without any Problems then there is probably no real CRC but still there could be a Thing like a Contentindependent Lengthcheck. I don't have enough Saves, especially non with only one Value changed like one with Gold 20000 and another with 20001 or also in that case one where eg. the Gold needs 2 Bytes and another one 3 Bytes to store but everything else is unchanged. This way it would be easier to check if there is something like that.

And if there is something, they do it for all Files, so it would be possible to make two Saves where on one only the Name of the Hero is changed to one more Char so that Length is one more, if it is possible to change names, i don't know because i don't have the Game... ;)

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vulnavia View Post
    So is there some Sort of additional CRC or not?

If a single Values can be changed without any Problems then there is probably no real CRC but still there could be a Thing like a Contentindependent Lengthcheck. I don't have enough Saves, especially non with only one Value changed like one with Gold 20000 and another with 20001 or also in that case one where eg. the Gold needs 2 Bytes and another one 3 Bytes to store but everything else is unchanged. This way it would be easier to check if there is something like that.

And if there is something, they do it for all Files, so it would be possible to make two Saves where on one only the Name of the Hero is changed to one more Char so that Length is one more, if it is possible to change names, i don't know because i don't have the Game... ;)
    i'm still not sure what kind of check they use...
    though if you change the gold value (dpeending on the changes you make) it works... if you have 2 byte values for the gold then you can change it to FF7F like idle posted earlier that is the max for 2 bytes... you can sell something or collect some gold to get another byte...
    i tried changing the amount of bytes while accounting for most of the things i've found so far... (like block sizes/length and such.... but it always corrupts the save... -.-)
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7501 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Haven Donator

Array

Quote Originally Posted by tertiussc View Post
    Is there an account.dat file out there with just a shit load of gold that anyone can use for a perfect starter save?
    i do try replace the mod account.dat with 60k golds with mine. its not works... after loading my golds remain same. i dont know what i did wrong...
    Downloads : 86 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 5449 || Posts : 498 || Thanks : 246 || Thanked 216 Times in 66 Posts

Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

There was a small mistake, the last Byte was never decrypted/encrypted, its also quite possible that this also caused the Problems if the Length changes...

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vulnavia View Post
    There was a small mistake, the last Byte was never decrypted/encrypted, its also quite possible that this also caused the Problems if the Length changes...
    i hope this was the problem for my not working tests... if it is then a small editor can be done very soon(ish)... ^_^
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7501 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,

Rich Cook

Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

Quote Originally Posted by cybersam View Post
    i hope this was the problem for my not working tests... if it is then a small editor can be done very soon(ish)... ^_^
    Yeah its quite possible because if you add bytes the last one shifts and was never decrypted and because there was something inserted the Game will also
    not decrypt the last Byte correctly because this all logically depends on the Bytes decrypted before. So i hope this was all and apart of the Values saved
    a bit strange there is nothing more to worry about... ;)

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

lets hope so... i can test it when i get back home... which will be in about 2 hours...

Rich Cook

Array

Quote Originally Posted by tertiussc View Post
    Hello Idle

Can you please upload your account.dat file so that i can use it on my starter save. THANKS
    Idle, can you please send me your account.dat for me too ? Thanks.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast