360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dragon Ball: Game Project Age 2011 Official Trailer
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Dragon Ball: Game Project Age 2011 Official Trailer

The new Dragon Ball game announced by Namco Bandai. The very small amounts of gameplay shown in this trailer suggest it will be played similarly to the Raging Blast games, which themselves play similarly to the Tenkaichi games; to those who haven't played either series, this means free 3D movement around an enclosed (yet large) fighting space. The trailer also hints that giant character (which were present in Tenkaichi yet absent in Raging Blast) will return.

The animations for the energy blasts seem very dynamic and powerful. The game also seems to boast an even more destructible environment than it's predecessors, showing glimpses at canyons carved from mountains by Kamehameha Waves (yes, please). Everything shown in the trailer is visual eye candy!

According to Namco Bandai, Age 2011 will follow the original manga more closely than past games of the franchise; many hardcore fans may appreciate this with it's lack of filler content, but it also means less of a chance for "what if" content (a staple in Dragon Ball games since the original Budokai) as well as a high chance of leaving out GT and movie sagas/characters.

Of interesting note is that the title so far is "Dragon Ball" and not "Dragon Ball Z"; the Raging Blast games also only use the "Dragon Ball" title. We may be looking at Raging Blast 3 here.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6812 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Hoshikage

Array

Re: Dragon Ball: Game Project Age 2011 Official Trailer

I guess we haveto wait till E3 and see if we get more info.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8221 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Extorris
    Array

Saw this a few days ago, BEAUTIFUL!!!!

News Reporter

Array

Lets just hope they improve the story mode this time around. As much as I love the DBZ games it gets a bit tedious doing the same fights over and over again with each new version.

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

i love dbz/dbgt games hopefully this one will be awesome
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24435 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by longy999 View Post
    Lets just hope they improve the story mode this time around. As much as I love the DBZ games it gets a bit tedious doing the same fights over and over again with each new version.
    I was actually talking with a friend of mine yesterday about just that. We were talking about how the story always seems to strictly follow the anime, but then we both realized that many of the games throw in random stuff that wasn't in any material before. Perfect examples of this are Budokai2 and 3; in B2 Frieza and Cell got brought back to life in Majin form during the Buu Saga and there were extra fusions (does anybody else miss Tiencha and Gokule?), and in B3 every character had stories that didn't even make sense and DBZ Goku (as opposed to DBGT Goku) could turn SSj4 and Gogeta fought Gotenks. Not only that, but almost all games since Budokai1 had "what if" content, like in B1 where Cell had a nightmare that he accidentaly absorbed Krillen or in RB1 (and also 2) where both Vegeta and Broly are SSj3.

In other words, the games have so much potential. Everybody feels like they dropped the ball with RB2 (even the same story is better than no story at all), so hopefully they remedy that and make a great game this time around with plenty of story content.

(And more team attacks! It doesn't matter if the characters actually used that attack in the anime or not, what matters is that they can. Throw some crazy ones in there, like ones that involve all five Gohans, all five Ginyu Force members, or even all five members of Goku's family.)
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6812 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

News Reporter

Array

I like the sound of that, all of Goku's family blasting out Kamehameha's on some poor shmuck would be epic! Bye, bye energy bar

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Can you imagine a team attack between Goku, Gohan, Goten, Raditz, and Bardock? What's the point of having team attacks when you can't mix and match your teams?

--Gamefaqs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast