360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
F*** XBOX!
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: F*** XBOX!

Extorris
    Array

F*** XBOX!

So..basically this will explain my issue, Funnily enough happened after the new kernel update...

This is a post in the support forum, Due to them not responding to my e-mail a few days back.

Hi there, Okay as of 28/05/2011 I cannot download any content at all...
    This started to occur after the 13xxx kernel update, Not only did it mess up my DVD drive, It seems to have caused issues with my marketplace too, Don't bother explaining troubleshooting stuff such as Port fowarding, Region, etc I know all of this and am fluent in this...and it's not the issue here. When the Escalation map came out for example, I downloaded that. and it downloaded straight away, No problems, However i moved it to my USB storage device for portability and to free up space on my HDD, Today the USB got the infamous malfunctioning error, and will not work on anything, PC, Laptop, MAC, PS3, Xbox..none so I think it's safe to say the USB went to the great heaven for flash drives..
    So my friend wanted me to come play Black Ops with him, Meaning I would need to download the maps. So I did, However when it gets to 99% gives me the notification that the content can't download. I tried messing about after that, Clearing cache, wiring myself up to my router, my main connection, Neighbour's connection etc. Same issue, I really think, the update has caused beef with my console, I tried calling Xbox Support...and i must say, waste of time, I mean how do they even get their job? Are they qualified? I know it's scripting they read from, But it's pathetic, I find myself telling them about WHAT SHOULD BE support, and how to deal with the 360 structure, STFS, LIVE/PIRS, Container files etc. I'm sick to my head of wasting time calling up "support" agents that really don't know anything.
    So i figured I would come and get a response here, Surely some members of the community here have suffered this issue, and can possibly shed some light on my reign of terror? Anything would be great resolving this issue, Thanks a bunch.
    Forgot to add, The update has officially crippled my DVD drive, Won't read discs, and when it does, The games get MAJOR lag between controller input e.g, I walk in a straight line, it responds 6-10 seconds after..

Regards Mike

Lifetime Stealth baby ;)
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: F*** XBOX!

um ive heard of a couple ppl with some similar problems best info i can give is try unplugging ur power brick for 5 minutes and retry see if it changes anything. Hope this helps renegade.

Edit: also unplugging ur power brick and waiting the replugging it in can fix some errors where the disc wont read and shows up as a DVD
    Downloads : 183 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5416 || Posts : 521 || Thanks : 506 || Thanked 221 Times in 83 Posts

Thanks Original Boss your a beast!

News Reporter

Array

Not 100% but I'm sure Magnus Hydra said a few days back that the update had buggered his 360 up and they were sending him out a new one. You should ask him who exactly he contacted to get it sorted out.

Extorris
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneckromeo View Post
    um ive heard of a couple ppl with some similar problems best info i can give is try unplugging ur power brick for 5 minutes and retry see if it changes anything. Hope this helps renegade.

Edit: also unplugging ur power brick and waiting the replugging it in can fix some errors where the disc wont read and shows up as a DVD
    I've tried everything...well apart from the Xbox and Window trick..

Quote Originally Posted by longy999 View Post
    Not 100% but I'm sure Magnus Hydra said a few days back that the update had buggered his 360 up and they were sending him out a new one. You should ask him who exactly he contacted to get it sorted out.
    I asked about this on the phone, and they said I wasn't entitled to it, I called a few agents, Nor do I want a slim anyway.

News Reporter

Array

Well that sucks balls, if its their update that buggered up the system then they should replace it without question, I've read about a few cases around the net and everyone is getting 250gb slims sent out if the update corrupts their 360.

How come you hate the slims so much? Was thinking of grabbing one myself to go online with, especially as their supposedly RROD proof as well.

Extorris
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by longy999 View Post
    Well that sucks balls, if its their update that buggered up the system then they should replace it without question, I've read about a few cases around the net and everyone is getting 250gb slims sent out if the update corrupts their 360.

How come you hate the slims so much? Was thinking of grabbing one myself to go online with, especially as their supposedly RROD proof as well.
    Too small for my liking, and they still get system errors, Red Screen of Death etc, It's not that I hate them, is more of preferring the phat.

Devildemon

i heard that the old firware caused problems when updating to the newest one

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

I updated my 360 without any issues, and I'm using a launch console. If it were me, I'd just keep calling and asking for a new console; forgoing pride and preference for a free slim is a lot better than spending any amount of money on a used phat that may or may not be unplayable anyway.

Then again, going into detail about the finer workings of the 360 may have just tipped you off as a hacker... ^-^;
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6813 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!