360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Miyamoto: Retro Studios Will Be Considered For Another Metroid Game
Register
    Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Miyamoto: Retro Studios Will Be Considered For Another Metroid Game

Nintendo designer Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed that Retro Studios is a “very high priority” when considering who will work on the next installment of Metroid. Although it is working on its second Donkey Kong Country title – subtitled Tropical Freeze – the developer may be given the opportunity to work on another Metroid game, according to Miyamoto.

“Retro is a very capable studio and can design a lot of different types of game and I know that because I produced Metroid Prime,” Miyamoto said. “But when it did Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii, apparently it had a lot of fun making that title and from what I’ve heard it put in a request and said that it wanted to do a new Donkey Kong Country game on Wii U themselves.

“In particular the company built up quite a lot of knowhow in that specific style of gameplay and as a consequence felt that it could leverage that again in creating something new in that same style for Wii U.

“I think Retro has really come to a point at which it’s possible for it to have multiple lines running at the same time and having different projects in development. I totally think there are possibilities to see different projects from Retro in the future.”

“Certainly the Metroid franchise is one that, when you talk about really bringing the world to life, we feel that Metroid and the characters established are really important for Nintendo. So important that they were included, obviously, in Nintendo Land.

“I definitely think it’s a franchise that we value and we certainly want to see what we can do with it in the future. And, obviously, Retro is a very high priority in terms of the potential team that would be considered for working on a Metroid game.”

The last Metroid game developed by the studio is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, which was released in 2007 for Wii. Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze launches on December 6th for Wii U.
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18431 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

DarkOne
    Array

Re: Miyamoto: Retro Studios Will Be Considered For Another Metroid Game

Hmmmn, that sounds okay I guess.
    I'll be more excited for a 2D style Metroid game though. I loved Super Metroid, Zero Mission and Fusion. Those were really the God Tier of the series for me. Prime series were good, but I wasn't as hyped for the FPS.

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @

One of the few games from Nintendo i like so this is some great news :D
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15502 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

interesting news shared Serious :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24467 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts