360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Bestselling Author And Co-Founder Of Rainbow Six Studio Tom Clancy Has Died
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Bestselling Author And Co-Founder Of Rainbow Six Studio Tom Clancy Has Died

Tom Clancy, longtime author of bestselling military and espionage books, and co-founder of Ubisoft-owned Red Storm studio that produces all of the Rainbow Six games, has died at the age of 66. Clancy’s death, which occurred at a hospital in Baltimore, was first reported by Publishers Weekly on their Twitter page, only to be confirmed by The New York Times.

Although Clancy’s claim to fame was primarily his writing, he also became a huge figure in the world of gaming after Rainbow Six became a hit in 1998. He co-founded the studio that released it, Red Storm Entertainment, which was later purchased by Ubisoft. Tom Clancy’s work and name were later attached to multiple hit video game series including the Ghost Recon series, as well as the immensely popular Splinter Cell titles. Clancy’s cause of death is not yet known. Here is a statement issued by Ubisoft about Tom Clancy following his passing:

“We are saddened to learn of Tom Clancy’s passing and our condolences go out to his family. Tom Clancy was an extraordinary author with a gift for creating detailed, engrossing fictional stories that captivated audiences around the world.

The teams at Ubisoft, especially at the Red Storm studio, are incredibly grateful to have collaborated with and learned from him, and we are humbled by the opportunity to carry on part of his legacy through our properties that bear his name.”
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18430 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

Chaosflare

Re: Bestselling Author And Co-Founder Of Rainbow Six Studio Tom Clancy Has Died

Was hoping that this had more details than the x360a.org article, but it's the same.
    Has anyone been able to figure out what the cause of death was? I can't find it anywhere.

Array

Read about this too, it's sad and what's the worst part is that No cause of death was released.

Chaosflare

I know it's a bit rude to say, but I'm hoping that this will drive them to work even harder on the release of Rainbow Six: Patriots.

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

he will be missed
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24466 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Advertiser

Array

R.I.P Tom. You were a great storyteller and you will be missed.
    Downloads : 111 || Uploads : 7 || Rep Power : 8160 || Posts : 3,225 || Thanks : 1,151 || Thanked 328 Times in 242 Posts

LEGIT HACKERS DON'T ADVERTISE!

CalmKhaos

Definitely was shocked to hear about this earlier today... Quite saddened about it...

MacMac

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosflare View Post
    I know it's a bit rude to say, but I'm hoping that this will drive them to work even harder on the release of Rainbow Six: Patriots.
    it isn't, somewhat, but i kinda feel the same way... developers should now make it a point to release games based on his works with more respect and polish than ever before... and not just milk them til they become stale...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast