360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
New Sonic Game Apparently In Development Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U: Sonic Thunderstorm
Register
    Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

New Sonic Game Apparently In Development Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U: Sonic Thunderstorm

VG Leaks is reporting that Sega is preparing a brand new Sonic title for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and the Wii U. According to their source the game will be called Sonic Thunderstorm or Sonic Blue Thunder and should be announced in May 1st of 2014. This information should be treated one hundred percent as a rumour at present. Here’s the details.

Characters

A new hedgehog character will be named Static the Hedgehog.
    A new hedgehog will be a teenage clone of Sonic.
    Knuckles, Rouge and Eggman will have teenage clones, like Sonic. Knuckles’ teenage clone will be male and be named Slash the Echidna.
    Rouge’s teenage clone will be female and be named Debra the Bat.
    Dr Eggman’s teenage clone will be male and be named Eggman.Jr.
    Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge’s teenage clones will have robot partners.
    Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Static will be playable.
    Tails, Knuckles, Rogue, Omega, Blaze, Amy, Slash and Debra will also be playable.
    Dr.Eggman, Eggman Jr, Cream, Team Chaotix and Marine will be non-playable.
    Static, Slash and Debra will be inspired by Super Sentai.
    Characters will return, including Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big, Shadow, Rouge, E-123 Omega, Cream, Team Chaotix, Blaze, Silver and Marine

Features

This game will feature 29 levels, objects, a return of old small animals and Chaos Drives with new animals, also the return of Chao Garden.
    This gameplay will change characters like in Sonic Heroes.
    Hedgehog Engine will return to work on this game like it worked on Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations.
    This game will be similar to Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations and Sonic Lost World.
    Color Powers will not return in this game, except Orbot and Cubot with a new female counterpart.
    Static’s robot partner will be a wolf-type with a motorcycle form.
    Slash’s robot partner will be a bear-type with a selfish mood.
    Debra’s robot partner will be a kitten-type with smarts.
    Static the Hedgehog’s element will be Lightning.
    Slash the Echidna’s element will be Earth.
    Debra the Bat’s element will be Love.
    Eggman Jr will be the main antagonist while Dr. Eggman will be a secondary antagonist.
    Chaos Emeralds will return.
    A new Chao Garden will have past gardens and new gardens.
    Black Market will return, also past fruits and masks and colorful Chao eggs from SA2B and SADX.
    Static, Slash and Debra’s levels will be inspired by Sonic the Werehog’s levels, also they will have gadgets.
    This game will be inspired by Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 2006.
    This game will set to release next year.
    This game will follow 4 story modes.
    Wi-fi will transfer Chao data.
    Tiny Chao Garden will be DLC and will be on PSVITA And 3DS.
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18431 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serious_M For This Useful Post:

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: New Sonic Game Apparently In Development Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U: Sonic Thunderst

hope this turns out to be more than just a rumor
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24467 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Retired Staff

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: New Sonic Game Apparently In Development Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U: Sonic Thunderst

Next Gen is gonna rock so hopefully this sonic game end up been real n not a rumor like my boy Cloud said :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 15502 || Posts : 10,471 || Thanks : 3,231 || Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,224 Posts

Array

I like sonic games but you will never beat sonic 1 for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis :)

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Unfortunately, this is indeed just a rumor, nothing more. I hate to say it like this, but you can tell just by reading the list of stuff that's supposed to be in the "game" and really taking a minute or three to think about it. It's all stuff that fans have been begging for for the past decade or so (chao gardens, etc) that Sega has said outright won't happen, as well as blatant fanfic concepts (teenage clones, ugh).

As it turns out, somebody (who's name escapes me at the moment) has been spamming the Sonic forums with this stuff for years. He's even asked Sega to make a game out of it on multiple occasions, and each time they said no. The truth is in the pudding, as they say:

• Sega has moved on from the Adventure formula and has even been talking about leaving the Unleashed formula behind for a yet newer play style, so there will be no revisiting Sonic Adventure 2 styles.
    • The fact that the guy claims the game will somehow play like both Adventure AND Unleashed is, in and of itself, completely absurd, as those styles are about as similar as the ones in Doom and Halo.
    • Sega has mentioned outright that they don't have any plans at all to bring the chao gardens back in the foreseeable future, and the Unleashed game model focuses on speed and modern blast processing above all else, so I really don't see a chao garden happening.
    • Even if chao gardens were to be a thing, I seriously doubt they'd bring out the old ones from the SA titles. In fact, those gardens are way too small for the current Sonic to maneuver through. Honestly though, if we were ever to get chao gardens again, it'll likely be in the form of a Tiny Chao Garden -esque game for mobile devices, completely lackluster and used as nothing more than a quick money grab.
    • You can tell it's a bad fanfiction when the author has to go out of their way to make sure to emphasize that the clones are "teenage" clones, as if to say that they're younger. Of course, the fact that Sonic and his buddies are already teenagers is lost on them completely.
    • Clones in the first place! Seriously? With as much flak as Sega was taking over the ridiculous amounts of characters in the games (Sonic Heroes and Sonic '06 being prime examples), it seems they're pretty set on having the spotlight be only on Sonic from now on. And while the characters are slowly being weened back into the series, they're only ever used as expendable background characters, and we still only ever get to play as Sonic (even two player mode in Colors didn't have Tails but rather just a copy Sonic). Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations have been the highest praised Sonic games in a VERY long time, and the biggest thing they have in common is that you only play as Sonic (and even Unleashed got railed because the werehog sections didn't feel sufficiently "Sonic"). So why would Sega introduce even MORE characters? And what's more, unnecessary and bland characters. And what's even more, playable characters at that. This just screams "use my totally awesome fanfic idea please".
    • Steve Blum as Eggman Jr. A character who's supposed to be younger than Eggman is going to be played by a guy who's famous for his deep, dry voice. While I realize Blum has a bigger range than just Spike Spiegel and Toonami's Tom, I also know that he tends to be type-cast for his voice, and his voice certainly doesn't fit with Eggman, clone or otherwise. Mike Pollock already does a fantastic Eggman, and they didn't bother bringing in Ryan Drummond for classic Sonic or William Corkery for classic Tails, so why would Sega go through the trouble of recasting a character that already has a talented VA that's beloved by fans? And why Steve Blum, of all people?
    • The same goes for the other clone characters. Johnny Yong Bosch? Cam Clarke? Kate Higgins? Why bother?
    • Why would the clone characters need sentient vehicles? In fact, why would we even want that? Everybody remembers the vehicles from Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06 and how little sense they made in the context of "faster than the speed of sound but slower than a motorcycle".

Sorry guys. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. Nice reporting regardless, Serious. If, somehow, someway, this turns out to be the real deal, then I'll totally eat my own words with a quote and everything.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6844 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

fantasydevil

I really like Sonic Games have with every so much fun . I hope it will be realeased for next gen :D

beetripp

as a sonic fan, i hope it's true, but more than likely it's not.

chris725

haha yes! I remember playing this when I was little...