Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CLOUD STR1FE

Online Game Passes...

-Battlefield VIP codes
    -Mass Effect cerberus code
    -HOMEFRONT battle codes
    -Mortal Kombat Online access pass
    And the list could go on.

I know why they do this. To increase their income and/or persuade people to purchase a new copy of the game as opposed to a used copy. But it kind of unfair. What about those who rent the game to play online and see if they like it so they could purchase it at a later time. Am I the only one who thinks this is not right?

Knives

Re: Online Game Passes...

I agree with you there I like to at least play a demo which no1 really puts out anymore before I go and spend 60-80 bucks on a game i dont like

Hoshikage

Array

Quote Originally Posted by CLOUD STR1FE View Post
    -Battlefield VIP codes
    -Mass Effect cerberus code
    -HOMEFRONT battle codes
    -Mortal Kombat Online access pass
    And the list could go on.

I know why they do this. To increase their income and/or persuade people to purchase a new copy of the game as opposed to a used copy. But it kind of unfair. What about those who rent the game to play online and see if they like it so they could purchase it at a later time. Am I the only one who thinks this is not right?
    That is the point,
    Game makers are losing money to pre-owned games. Also imagine the amount of people pirating games these days, doing things this make ensure them getting a little cut.
    Downloads : 69 || Uploads : 22 || Rep Power : 8239 || Posts : 2,733 || Thanks : 557 || Thanked 2,980 Times in 735 Posts

## If you don't Contribute || Help - Why should I Contribute || Help - Leechers Should not be helped ##

Array

I wouldn't be surprised if one day you'll need a pass to play the full game or a pass to unlock the controls.

CLOUD STR1FE

Quote Originally Posted by pureIso View Post
    That is the point,
    Game makers are losing money to pre-owned games. Also imagine the amount of people pirating games these days, doing things this make ensure them getting a little cut.
    I understand where they are coming from but if that's the issue then give the gamertag a 48 hour online trial or something if they don't have a pass. That way they aren't losing anything. Since that's the concern. If people like it they will buy the pass and its a win win situation.

alig200

While it does force people who buy games pre-owned to pay more it supposedly "weeds out piracy." Not to say that some DLC or Costumes or whatever is gonna stop pirates from doing it anyway.

Haven Donator
    Array

I still think it's total Garbage specially for those that don't Pirate Games and enjoy buying them used and still having to pay for XboxLive.
    Downloads : 54 || Uploads : 5 || Rep Power : 5372 || Posts : 460 || Thanks : 80 || Thanked 152 Times in 65 Posts

I Am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

Security
    Overlord

Array

personally i hate this buy a use game 2 weeks later around 5 -10 bucks cheaper then find out it has a online pass then have to spend 10 more bucks to find out that the multiplayer is crap and wanting my money back

in all lower the damn prices on games so that they can sell more units and not have to worry about the used game market as much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast