360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Is it possible to extract PS3 game save data & transfer it to the Xbox360? Batman:AO
Register
    Array

Is it possible to extract PS3 game save data & transfer it to the Xbox360? Batman:AO

Alright so I've been playing the PS3 version of Batman AO, and finally beat it. I made a lot of progress, and did all the side missions, and collectibles, etc...

I'm not that familiar with the PS3, but I know on the Xbox 360, you can use Horizon or some other gamesave program to extract the "real" game save data from the container itself. I'm curious if this data is the exact same as it is on the PS3.

My goal is to obviously switch my progress to the Xbox 360... why you ask? Because I have a JTAG and I'm sure most of the Batman costumes will be available as DLC, including the Season Pass ones (over 15+). I don't think there is anything out there like that for the PS3 (I've seen unlockers, but only rarely)

I've tried looking at the Batman:AO save through Bruteforce, but I don't see a way or option to 'extract' any data, so here I am, asking others that might know a bit more.

-CK

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Is it possible to extract PS3 game save data & transfer it to the Xbox360? Batman

The answer to your question is: no.

They are both completely different formats.
    PS3 & Xbo360 save files are unique to each system, and can't be read by one another.

Was This Information Useful?
    |
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 10-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9418 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Array

Re: Is it possible to extract PS3 game save data & transfer it to the Xbox360? Batman

Thats not true some saves can be transfered once they have been extracted from the container (xbox360) or decrypted using BSD (PS3)
    Residen evil revelations and Resident evil operation raccoon city are 2 eamples where it is possible.
    Althought it doesn't work with most games.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zeick For This Useful Post:

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

Quote Originally Posted by zeick View Post
    Thats not true some saves can be transfered once they have been extracted from the container (xbox360) or decrypted using BSD (PS3)
    Residen evil revelations and Resident evil operation raccoon city are 2 eamples where it is possible.
    Althought it doesn't work with most games.
    This is closer to the truth. Assuming the endian byte order is the same between any given multiplat, then they can be exchanged once the encryption is removed for PS3 or the container extracted for 360. Moving from PS3 into 360 is much easier than the other way around (PS3 Bruteforce doesn't recognize decrypted saves that it didn't decrypt itself), so you're in luck.

Create a new Batman save on your console. Transfer is to a USB drive and extract it to your computer as you normally would. Next, use PS3 Bruteforce to decrypte the PS3 save. From there, it's as easy as injecting the PS3 save into the 360 container (renaming as necessary) and rehashing/resigning.

Of course, this all assumed both versions use the same endian byte order. If there's a PC version of the game, it will almost certainly use little endian, while the 360 versions usually opt for big endian; PS3 versions tend to side with the PC version (I think for compatibility reasons maybe) and thus could very well be in little endian. If this is the case, then the two saves will either be incompatible or you will notice some very strange effects once you do load up the save. That said, since you have a JTAG, you could always download a trainer and just cheat yourself up to where you were in the PS3 version. Either way, good luck.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6847 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com