360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
XCOM: Enemy Within - Page 12
Register
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

Re: XCOM: Enemy Within

Thanks to everyone on this, for all their hard work. It's looking super good!

Array

The editor keeps analysing my save and nothing shows please help i have both dlc i dont know if thats causing the problem

Array

Quote Originally Posted by dark hope View Post
    The editor keeps analysing my save and nothing shows please help i have both dlc i dont know if thats causing the problem
    Usually means you have to launder your save... or simply put

Either start with a fresh save made by the game itself from the xbox or... take your previously modded save (even if it was only an attempt or intent and you didn't do anything to it) put it back on your xbox HD and resave over it within the game and then take it off again to try modding

These methods have worked for me in the past otherwise the editor had no issues loading now

Inactive Member
    Array

2.4 Changelog
    Fixed PsiRank saving.
    Just used 2.4 and noticed that saving unchecks "second wave option" Training Roulette (this was the only 2nd wave one I had checked off)
    Confirmed that this not the case with 2.3

Did not think to check other checked options.

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Quote Originally Posted by babblethrog View Post
    Just used 2.4 and noticed that saving unchecks "second wave option" Training Roulette (this was the only 2nd wave one I had checked off)
    Confirmed that this not the case with 2.3

Did not think to check other checked options.
    Wait what? It's funny you mention that because 2.4 was an experimental build, hidden inside it is a completed unlocker for the foundry, items and facilities, I didn't enable it however because despite attaining mastery over these 3 arrays the single thing these unlocks seemed to do was disable ironmans autosave feature, confusing to say the least, and a little hurtful. They are simple static-sized arrays filled with int32 booleans, logically you flood it with 00000001s and it should unlock everything no? no. SecondWave even has it's own array far away from the ones I read!

I guess this teachs me not to just lazily disable an entire group of controls, still, you'd think the read/writing of those arrays would be harmless without manipulation, I need to get this damn source code peer reviewed I swear, It's getting messy in there...

Still working on this by the way, just having trouble getting away with things without invoking the wrath of the mighty frozen screen of save corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by dark hope View Post
    Enemy Within doesn't have any dlc on the xbox360, it even has it's own title id, if you're getting an error saying the save you selected isn't an enemy within save, thats because it's not, otherwise you need to ensure the save is made inside your base and not on a mission and if this isn't your first time modding that save you need to 'clean' it by loading it up in game and resaving, this is believed to be because of the recompression method.

As I've become more accustomed to the various versions of decompression found on the ios/pc and xbox games I think I know why I can't get away with modifying the filesize any, the blocks are all very specific sizes and the existing toolkit doesn't seem to anticipate any change of size as it attempts to reinject the file back into the save. I would have to essentially rewrite the codec and I don't know dick about doing that. :(

Sorry about that, heres 2.4.1, almost identical except I've expunged the unlock codes because they simply don't work.

http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...l=1#post239802
    Last edited by 8Ball; 01-20-2014 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Re-Uploaded
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5639 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

Inactive Member
    Array

... confusing to say the least, and a little hurtful.
    <comforting back pats>
    ...there there
    ...there there

You'll show those mean arrays who's boss yet! :P

Keep up the great work, it's been very useful so far.
    Any plans for ability modding or does that break things?

Array

short feedback....

everything works most perfectly... with the exception in the soldier modification area, I can't seem to successfully modify the soldier XP.

I can mod the rank (once past rookie), I can mod the stats (aim, hp, def, will, psi), but whenever i give the 5k xp to a rookie, all that does is have him level up in the next mission he's used in, and that's it.

am i missing something, or is that all it does?

thanks for the clarification

Haven Donator
    Array

I have windows 7 64 bit and Xenobane cannot start. Is there a compatibility mode i need to run it in?