360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
People Might Actually Be Able To Emulate The PS4 And Xbox One - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

Re: People Might Actually Be Able To Emulate The PS4 And Xbox One

That is actually exciting, I'm a big fan of emulators. I got a lot of em' on my pc, hopefully a ps4/xbone emulator doesn't require some ultra-latest rigg like ps2 emu does to run games smoothly. Fingers crossed, honestly.
    Downloads : 8 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 30 || Thanks : 5 || Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ramb1402 For This Useful Post:

Array

It's crazy to even just think of the possibility of being able to do that. There's not a chance in hell that my computer would be able to handle something like that, but the idea of it being done alone is definitely pretty cool--that's not even to factor in how quickly it was found out.

kyopsthree

i'm looking for the future soon.
    thanks for sharing.

DecoyOctopus

I wonder if they would use it as another excuse to get rid of PC ports of games

Nevermind that's a dumb question

bojack

Lots of games that are usually console exclusive are coming out on PC nowadays. Still, emulators would be cool. Last one I messed with was for the Wii. Had some weird name that I can't think of right now.

JENGA MASTER SUPREME
    Emerald Lance

Array

I don't think Kotaku understands how emulators work... An emulator is essentially an entire console's inner software workings running from a computer. This is why emulation gets more difficult the newer you get: you're not just running your own operating system, you're also running that of the console's as well (to say nothing of the further extra resources most emulators require in order to process things like filters). It isn't just a question of when the console itself is hacked or how close its architecture is to the emulating computer in question, but also whether that computer even has the resources to run the console's own systems in the first place! There's a lot of computational multitasking that goes into software emulation of any kind, and it's doubly so for video game emulation.

The reason there aren't any last gen emulators isn't because there's some magical difference between 360 and PS3 and their predecessors (well except for the last gen consoles having operating systems and all that). The reason is because we just haven't caught up yet. I can't help but feel the need to call bullshit on Vanik's claim that current gen consoles will be easier to create emulators for (and get computers to actually and reliably run them) than previous gen consoles. Remember, the structures of the software and hardware is only half of it; you also need client computers capable of running both the primary and secondary softwares (ie the consoles and the games) at the same time as their own operating systems.

Quote Originally Posted by bojack View Post
    Lots of games that are usually console exclusive are coming out on PC nowadays. Still, emulators would be cool. Last one I messed with was for the Wii. Had some weird name that I can't think of right now.
    It was probably Dolphin.
    Downloads : 22 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6876 || Posts : 1,834 || Thanks : 436 || Thanked 633 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanPrince302, commenting on how to become a Super Saiyan,
    "I know where these guys are going, but in all seriousness, just trying to imagine loved ones being killed almost never works. Be a man and travel into space and shoot at asteroids until you get yourself in an actual life threatening situation."
    --Gamefaqs.com

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Sorry but I have to call bullshit on this one. It's just not possible with our current hardware.

And it won't be possible in 2014 or 2015 either.

It takes extreme computers to run a heavy Wii game at full FPS. 360/PS3 was essentially impossible, and even if they were able to manage to get a PS4/XB1 emulator to 'work' on the PC , the chances of a game breaking even 5 FPS would be slim to none, because you'd just need a godlike computer that doesn't exist in our time yet.

Don't get your hopes up people. Maybe, just maybe, in the next 10 years we'll see a computer capable of running PS4/XB1 emulators. (As well as people actually capable of properly coding them).

Look how long it took to get PS2 games being properly emulated, and even up to this day there's still incompatible games that fail to run right, no matter what computer you have. It's not going to be easier with PS4 games.

Same goes for GC/Wii games. Dolphin has made huge progress, but there's still soooo many improvements to be made, and they have huge teams working on that, not just one person (goes for PCSX2 too).

So kudos to this guy claiming he has a 360 emulator supposedly almost finished all by himself.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5911 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12