360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
XBOX one and PS4 identical and not next gen at all
Register

View Poll Results: Did I make sense or Did this sound like bullshit?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

8 88.89%
  • no

1 11.11%
    Haven Donator
    Array

XBOX one and PS4 identical and not next gen at all

Okay this is for current xbox 360 users that dont know much about hardware and internal workings of PCs and video games. The thing i want people that dont know much about this to know is that both systems are running the same parts. Both has a motherboard with a 8 core processor that is running 8 giga bytes of RAM. They both have the same Brand Radeon graphics card only difference is that PS4 is running the 8gb of RAM on a faster rate DDR5 and XBOX one is DDR3 like five years ago....now here is the kicker that motherboard with the 8 core processor on both systems is capable of running 64gb of RAM for only 70-80 dollars more but instead they put 8gb so that we get 25% of the true system capabilities if that. I coulda liked my next gen to be next gen but this is not even half that,... hell give us 32gb or 16gb of RAM this a like a PC from five years ago.....My Ac 4 looks damn near the same on its highest settings on both 360 and Xbox one...i gotta PC that runs the XBOX one settings from like ten years ago given they were 4core running 16gb with Radeon gfx..so these next gen systems are not even close to past gen PCs...we are just being bullshitted...when our console games could be soo faaaar away from whats out...fuck the kinect give me more RAM
    Last edited by solid prime; 01-24-2014 at 05:36 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to solid prime For This Useful Post:

HumanHybrid

Re: XBOX one and PS4 identical and not next gen at all

1 The Xbox 360 only has 512 MB of ram, not 4gb as you claimed.

2 Saying that the Xbox One version of a game looks similar to its 360 counterpart doesn't really mean anything this early in the console cycle. Same thing happened on the original Xbox and 360. That's why the game size generally get larger as time goes on. There were no install required games in the first few years of the 360.

3 while I agree that for pure wow factor a PC is best, this a dishonest answer as PC's require some work on the consumer side while consoles are given regular updates and are for the most part maintenance free. Before someone mentions the RROD, this was a isolated issue and is not representative of normal console launches.

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Microsoft will upgrade the Xbox One when the sales drop below 10%.
    Like we have so many different xbox360 systems, they are planning doing the same for the Xbox One.
    Muttah Fukkas!
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9409 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

I stand corrected...you are right i thought 360 had more than that. thats weak as hell...but still my point was they should use most out of hardware that is capable so that developers can expand their game making.....

Array
    Twitter: @

And It's so dumb how the Sony fanboys are always like "PS4 is so much better than Xbox One" then when I ask how, they try to name the titles it has. Upon naming them, I point out (In my opinion) How the Xbox One has better titles right now. They then get very angry and throw the same thing in my face to try and end the argument "The PS4 runs at 1080 while the Xbox One runs at 780" And that is the only argument they can throw in my face, ugghh they're like the same damn thing nearly
    Downloads : 11 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4724 || Posts : 119 || Thanks : 17 || Thanked 131 Times in 19 Posts

Music, Anime, Coffee

Haven Donator
    Array

yea it is if you have HD tv at 720 or 1080 with a game made in either the detail level is very similar i know i render out at both outputs..only advantage the 720 tends to run smoother with less frame lag...my boy got pS4 and he was play AC 4 looks like my AC 4 damn near to 360 in samsung LED tv set to 1080. He had Battlefield 4 on PS 4 set 1080 and it tooks a few seconds to textures to load every time.....and it didnt look that much better than Battlefield 4 on 360..so yeah both systems are same shit running 8 core with 8gb ram with almost same graphic card from same manufacturer so minor differences will not matter much...i will go with xbox one first since my profile is on 360 i wont waste game history...but i will wait for few more months maybe this summer..i get a PS 4 for those hand full exclusive...but all my multi player is on xbox..regardless...more servers...

VIP Member
    Array

Really, you have a poll with two questions that are different and a yes/no answer? You might want to rethink that.

Haven Donator
    Array

na i fucked up i couldnt deleate it and its just there if i am missing something let me know..but i thought i was stuck with it....