360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Tutorial] Simple Hex Modding Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns - Page 17
Register
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
    Veristek

Re: Simple Hex Modding Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns

Hey all.

I'm getting really annoyed and frustrated with the final dungeon farming of a specific ability, namely "Ice Blitz". I've had to reload the game hundreds of time just to get about 10 Ice Blitz abilities to drop. Their drop rate is just atrocious despite having Beggar's Beads on. I can easily farm all other abilities. Even getting Element / Elementa from the angel enemies is easier than getting ice blitz to drop from the blue demon enemies.

Another issue is I have to farm God at end of game on Hard Mode about 40,000 times to get one Elementga to max level. Since a speed run is about 3 hours on Hard Mode, multiply that by 40,000 playthroughs. Ugh. Not gonna happen.

I would love to be able to mod / change 3 of my ice blitz to level 1 max, upgrade them legit (non modded) for ATB reduction, then mod them again from base level 2 to max level 2, upgrade them legit again in-game, then mod them from base level 3 to max level 3. Ditto for Elementga skill except do this all the way from level 1 to level 5.

Anyways, I was wondering if there is any download for Bruteforce since I am a PS3 user. I need Bruteforce to prepare my save data for the rest of the tutorial on 1st post of this thread- replace Horizon with Bruteforce. Problem is, I spent hours googling for it and all websites that pop up that list Bruteforce downloads direct me to a website for "Aldostools" but the download link there is broken / "Error! Not found!". So no place to download Bruteforce. Do any of you guys know where I can get it now?

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Veristek View Post
    Hey all.

I'm getting really annoyed and frustrated with the final dungeon farming of a specific ability, namely "Ice Blitz". I've had to reload the game hundreds of time just to get about 10 Ice Blitz abilities to drop. Their drop rate is just atrocious despite having Beggar's Beads on. I can easily farm all other abilities. Even getting Element / Elementa from the angel enemies is easier than getting ice blitz to drop from the blue demon enemies.

Another issue is I have to farm God at end of game on Hard Mode about 40,000 times to get one Elementga to max level. Since a speed run is about 3 hours on Hard Mode, multiply that by 40,000 playthroughs. Ugh. Not gonna happen.

I would love to be able to mod / change 3 of my ice blitz to level 1 max, upgrade them legit (non modded) for ATB reduction, then mod them again from base level 2 to max level 2, upgrade them legit again in-game, then mod them from base level 3 to max level 3. Ditto for Elementga skill except do this all the way from level 1 to level 5.

Anyways, I was wondering if there is any download for Bruteforce since I am a PS3 user. I need Bruteforce to prepare my save data for the rest of the tutorial on 1st post of this thread- replace Horizon with Bruteforce. Problem is, I spent hours googling for it and all websites that pop up that list Bruteforce downloads direct me to a website for "Aldostools" but the download link there is broken / "Error! Not found!". So no place to download Bruteforce. Do any of you guys know where I can get it now?
    Bruteforce Save Data 4.6
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5891 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

Array

So another thing I want to ask, and I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I think it's worth asking anyway. Is it possible to remove locked abilities from garbs? Or at least change the meshes/textures of one garb to another? From what I gathered all that stuff is hardcoded but just on the off chance that I'm wrong...

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Not sure if it's actually possible to alter -those- abilities, or rather the Garbs themselves, but you can at least get those Abilities on OTHER things besides the Garbs. So you're not required to wear that specific Garb to get the Ability.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5891 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

Array

That's true, but alot of garb unique abilities are not on any of the lists in this thread (like Darkness, Ashura, Magic slash, Siren Strike). And the main reason I want to do it anyway, is just because there are alot of very cool looking garbs with terrible abilities locked on them. So I just wanted to see if I could remove them from there. But no big deal, I'm already able to add alot of cool stuff that I normally wouldn't have.

Array

Is there a way to buff health using hex, like say the way you could search for gil and then change the numbers in the file. I saw someone had asked this many pages back but there was no response. Also, is there a way to buff mag and str as well?

Array

Thank you for this post very helpful

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Quote Originally Posted by starlite View Post
    Is there a way to buff health using hex, like say the way you could search for gil and then change the numbers in the file. I saw someone had asked this many pages back but there was no response. Also, is there a way to buff mag and str as well?
    You can use Echelo's editor for this. It's far simpler to do than manually doing it via hex.