360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls 2 Modding Discussion - Page 46
Register
Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2136414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Array

Re: Dark Souls 2 Modding Discussion

Can the lock distance be edited? It would be great for ranged characters.

CalebKn

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
    Can the lock distance be edited? It would be great for ranged characters.
    I think that would be something to be edited in user data 15. However there is a ring that increases the range of bows or arrows in the game so that should be able to be modded within one of the character data.

Haven Donator
    Array
    Twitter: @

Gesture system

Credit to EbiflyNageruyo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nh2ooi.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	14473
    Downloads : 1 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4030 || Posts : 61 || Thanks : 1 || Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tyja For This Useful Post:

Haven Donator
    Array

Is adding spells different than adding anything else? Because i keep getting loading failed on character select screen. (yes i did the checksum)

Array

Anyone figured out how to swap movesets yet? Been looking with no luck.
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5019 || Posts : 134 || Thanks : 130 || Thanked 40 Times in 12 Posts

Demon

Array

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrothaD View Post
    Is adding spells different than adding anything else? Because i keep getting loading failed on character select screen. (yes i did the checksum)
    The spells are the same as the items if I remember correctly, pretty sure I did all my items and spells I wanted to add at once on a new character without problems. Are you changing anything else?
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5465 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by 13Dannyboy13 View Post
    The spells are the same as the items if I remember correctly, pretty sure I did all my items and spells I wanted to add at once on a new character without problems. Are you changing anything else?
    No... ive only added the spells i wanted.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by KhanVerse View Post
    Has anyone figured out face swapping or save duplicating? I can only use a modded save on one slot. I extract the USER_DATA01 and inject it into slot 2, but it doesn't show up unless you already have a save in slot 2...

So, I create a new save in slot 2, then inject the first save. That works fine for awhile, but when you save and restart the game, it corrupts the whole save. Is there a way to do this yet? I know you could in DS1, but you needed an editor.
    First off, if you want to get a true copy of a character, you need to copy both the USER_DATA01-USER_DATA0a and the USER_DATA0b-USER_DATA14 that goes with it.
    It's normal to need to already have a character in the slot. DS1 worked that way also. There's probably something in USER_DATA that could be changed, but I didn't think it was worth the effort to look into.
    As for the corruption, it's probably the program you're using to replace the file or resign the save. For example, Horizon drastically reduces the save size when resigning, and I'm not even sure if it can replace files in the save. I haven't tried Modio or others, because I had started work on a save editor like the one Jappi and I did for DS1, and ISOLib can handle the replacement and resigning just fine. I canceled work on that editor though, because Jappi is doing everything I would have done and then some. I can confirm that it's possible though. I did copy one character to 3 other slots.

Quote Originally Posted by moneytrees View Post
    So has anyone seen any types of special items that they cut yet say kind of like karmic explosion or anything like that. Im not really interested in them I just want to know if they learned a lesson from people running around in + 10 smoughs armor hahaha
    I have a list of all the item IDs in existence, and there are only 4 IDs that don't appear to be legit items. And I'm fairly sure 2 of them are just useless stuff for testing the inventory system.
    As for upgrades past max, setting the upgrade level to +10 on something that maxes out at +5 gives the same stats as +5 but the name says +10. If there's anything that actually can't be upgraded (Black Dragon armor set?) there may be some room for improvement.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Nukealizer For This Useful Post: