Register
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516213661 ... LastLast
    Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

Re: Dark Souls 2 Modding Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by turk645 View Post
    i will do my best :P

edit: Not sure what i did but i did change my xyz value. Time to do a little bit less mass editing :P

edit2: now i went to alonger than usual loading screen and got reset to my bonfire. I think im on to something.

Edit3: Yup, i got the xyz value. Its right next to your name at 0x39c

edit4: last used bonfire is not between 0x0 and 0x138e0

edit5: either i overlooked something or its not in the user info

edit6: bonfire is not in the user data. I extracted my user data, moved to a different bonfire, saved, replace my user data with the old one, died, was still at new bonfire

edit7: swapped out the base data file and no difference. I think i might be stupid and overlooking something simple
    Nice to see devs helping each other lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Array

Thank you, my brother extracted the wrong USER_DATA, I think that's why there's the problem.
    I'll try again once I get home.

I'm not a programmer or anything, but just a headsup guys, I've been doing extensive testing with the online function, and if you want to play online (that's your problem if it's modded or not), the thing that reings over the PvP matchmaking is the slot for Souls Lost, which's called Soul Memory in the game. I haven't figured out the calc on it, yet. But, if you jave a character with 999.999.999 Soul Memory, you won't be able to play with anyone else other than 999.999.999, yes, you read that right.
    Now, if you have 999.999.998, the thing is different, i think that the range for this is wider, because I tried with a 899.999.999 character and was able to join.

PS: Neither of the character were mine, beucase I just derp at all this modding and hex editing.

Edit: Didn't meant to ofend the Devs, just didn't saw anything about that, and saw that you guys are working on a Save Editor, so it would be cool to have the function to mod that slot.

Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Galgamesh View Post
    Thank you, my brother extracted the wrong USER_DATA, I think that's why there's the problem.
    I'll try again once I get home.

I'm not a programmer or anything, but just a headsup guys, I've been doing extensive testing with the online function, and if you want to play online (that's your problem if it's modded or not), the thing that reings over the PvP matchmaking is the slot for Souls Lost, which's called Soul Memory in the game. I haven't figured out the calc on it, yet. But, if you jave a character with 999.999.999 Soul Memory, you won't be able to play with anyone else other than 999.999.999, yes, you read that right.
    Now, if you have 999.999.998, the thing is different, i think that the range for this is wider, because I tried with a 899.999.999 character and was able to join.

PS: Neither of the character were mine, beucase I just derp at all this modding and hex editing.

Edit: Didn't meant to ofend the Devs, just didn't saw anything about that, and saw that you guys are working on a Save Editor, so it would be cool to have the function to mod that slot.
    can u post a little info on how u found it mate will add the option in my editor

Array

My brother edited (or downloaded already edited) saves with the Soul Lost in different ranges, like 100k, 500k, 1m, 5m and etc.
    I used those those in the starting area to invade new players, NONE worked, other than the 100k Save. All the others says 'no players to invade/no players found' or something on the lines. Then, I used the same 2.000.000 souls file on my and his console, and all the 10 times I tried, I only invaded him, which means that this is the thing that the Game Dev said they'd do to prevent Experienced players to Gank the newcomers.

So, I was Lv15 which is pretty decent to the first area. The only thing that I had that someone wouldn't normally have, is the Soul Memory.

WHAT IS SOUL MEMORY? -> Its the total Souls that YOU HAVE GOTTEN, be it through Killing or Using hard-souls (items).

Long story short: The Soul Memory rules WHO you'll invade based on a range which I don't know the calculators PLUS the Level Range, which seems to be wider than Dark Souls 1.

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Probably best to just crack open the xex at this point and divine the information directly, it speaks volumes for those who can listen.

I really should get back into that but frankly I'd rather wait until next gen gets exploited, x86 reads so much easier than ppc. Saying that you could just load up the PC version's exe.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5644 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

Dark Souls 2 Modding Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Probably best to just crack open the xex at this point and divine the information directly, it speaks volumes for those who can listen.

I really should get back into that but frankly I'd rather wait until next gen gets exploited, x86 reads so much easier than ppc. Saying that you could just load up the PC version's exe.
    Me personally I think the new tittle update has changed the position of the checksum

Edit : it has ant ov modded the soles with tu 1 need a tester lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by matthewjohn; 03-13-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Haven Donator
    Array

so for the item offset it pretty hard to find.. or to get cause the fact that it seems a bit different so for example 60151000 - Human Effigy i put it in the offset and nothing came up in my save
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 3951 || Posts : 69 || Thanks : 16 || Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by XxstonyxX View Post
    so for the item offset it pretty hard to find.. or to get cause the fact that it seems a bit different so for example 60151000 - Human Effigy i put it in the offset and nothing came up in my save
    The 60151000 is the Item ID, not the Offset the Item is at... Also you need to convert the 60151000 into a Hex value as I wrote the Item ID's as a Decimal value. so 60151000 would be 0395D4D8 in Hex. If you have a Human Effigy already, then just search (Ctrl+F) the Hex value and you'll find it.
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14306 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts