360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Best method for playing backups
Register
    MikeALC

Best method for playing backups

I'd like things such as backups (USB/ external hard drive would be awesome) and emulators to play on my phat xbox 360. Now, while I'd like this, nearly everything I've seen about it seems extremely difficult and nothing like the nintendo wii and it's simple LetterBomb method. I've seen videos saying that you can use a simple USB method, but I think they are full of sh*t and am not buying any of it.

Can anyone here tell me what the easiest method is for doing this? Also note that I'm not loaded and can't afford tons of things. I also have never done any soldering of any kind and have only taken my 360 apart once to clean the disc drive (which I do believe is a benq).

Any help on finding the easiest and cheapest method would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Developer
    matthewjohn

Array

Re: Best method for playing backups

Quote Originally Posted by MikeALC View Post
    I'd like things such as backups (USB/ external hard drive would be awesome) and emulators to play on my phat xbox 360. Now, while I'd like this, nearly everything I've seen about it seems extremely difficult and nothing like the nintendo wii and it's simple LetterBomb method. I've seen videos saying that you can use a simple USB method, but I think they are full of sh*t and am not buying any of it.

Can anyone here tell me what the easiest method is for doing this? Also note that I'm not loaded and can't afford tons of things. I also have never done any soldering of any kind and have only taken my 360 apart once to clean the disc drive (which I do believe is a benq).

Any help on finding the easiest and cheapest method would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Well buying a rgh Xbox is your best bet for emulators and stuff like that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeALC

Thank you for the reply matthewjohn. I think I have decided to go another route however.

Honestly, I could care less about playing online, and wouldn't mind flashing a disc drive (benq as I said) simply to play backups easily. I'd also like to play DLC games, but I don't think a flashed drive will allow this. Sorry to ask so much, but could someone list the things I'll need to possibly flash my disc drive?

I'll have to do this one way or another because my 360 has a faulty disc drive and I'll be getting a new one that will need flashed anyway (will be going benq with the new one as well). I've seen many tutorial videos but most of them aren't exactly clear on what I need.

I'm not willing to pay out the butt for stuff, but would like to know the cheapest method for flashing. Thank you.

jakedilla

You've got it backwards, flashing your drive allows you to play online as long as your backups are done properly.

It;s JTAG/RGH that you can't go online with, but those have more features. My PHAT 360 is jtagged and I love it. You can do so many more things with it

That being said it kinda sucks not to be able to go on xbox live.

Array

Google and investigate something called Xkey for the xbox. I think that would fit your requirement perfectly. Hope this helps
    Downloads : 19 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4671 || Posts : 283 || Thanks : 145 || Thanked 31 Times in 14 Posts

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

MikeALC

I found a fairly easy way to flash the drive however, I need to know if this is the right chip set sata..erm thing. It's the cheapest one I've found so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-Port-S...item2589c2eb42