360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
The Elder Scrolls Online - "30 DAYS UNLIMITED GAME PLAY INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE"
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DEADBEEF

Array

Angry The Elder Scrolls Online - "30 DAYS UNLIMITED GAME PLAY INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE"

I purchased a copy of "The Elder Scrolls Online" from a local retailer. And on the back of the game's package it says:

"30 DAYS UNLIMITED GAME PLAY INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE. VALID PAYMENT METHOD OR PAID GAME TIME CARD FOR SUBSCRIPTION AND PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED."

So if I purchased this game package then I should get the FULL GAME + 30 DAYS FREE GAME TIME. Then I would play the free time, and later decide if I wanted to pay more. But now they are saying I have to get the subscription (pre)authorized before I can get the included free time.

There are insufficient funds for the (pre)authorization on my prepaid card (they charge the full amount immediately) and no retailers near me sell "Game Time Cards." So I am unable to get the subscription (pre)authorized and activate my game/time and login to the game!

I get the fact that the game is an MMO and is subscription-based. NO PROBLEM. What I planned to do was play for the 30 days that are supposed to be "included free with purchase" and then decide later if I wanted to spend more money on it. But my payment would either be by "Game Time Card" purchased with cash from a retailer or prepaid credit card - because I don't have banking accounts.

I'm just ready to play this freaking game or get a refund already!!! The experience in a whole has not be pleasing what-so-ever...... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Is anyone else having issues with a similar situation? What are your thoughts?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JizzaBeez For This Useful Post:

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online - "30 DAYS UNLIMITED GAME PLAY INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE"

you need to contact the support... at least thats what i've read.... they said if you don't have enough money on the cc you can contact them to get you in to the game so something like that...

they really did the best move ever to make such promising game a annoyance to most people...
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7455 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
    and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

Rich Cook

DEADBEEF

Array

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online - "30 DAYS UNLIMITED GAME PLAY INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE"

Quote Originally Posted by cybersam View Post
    you need to contact the support... at least thats what i've read.... they said if you don't have enough money on the cc you can contact them to get you in to the game so something like that...

they really did the best move ever to make such promising game a annoyance to most people...
    I have been contacting support for 3 days now and each time they give me the run-around.

They DID finally activate the game (and free time) on my account but I can not login to the game because I don't have a subscription plan setup. So now that "free time" is just counting down and wasting because I can't login and use it.

They want me to pay in advance for something that is supposed to be FREE. And I already paid $70 just for the game and I can't even login to the motherfucker.......... SMH

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

well that sucks...
    i played the 5 days earlier as i pre ordererd the game... though i'm too having those issues atm... but i'll probably wait for activation anyway... as i don't have that much time to play atm... ^_^'''

but i hope they sort this weird shit out... as its really weird that they chose such stupid move... as this angers lots of people...
    Downloads : 17 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 7455 || Posts : 1,193 || Thanks : 43 || Thanked 4,060 Times in 399 Posts

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,

Rich Cook

DEADBEEF

Array

Haha They must have got the point because finally AFTER ALL THIS RANTING AND RAVING they have activated my account. Here is a portion of the email...

Thank you for contacting the Elder Scrolls Online Team.

I'm sorry you were unable to activate the subscription due to insufficient funds.

I'm happy to announce that I have redeemed a 1-Day Game Code to your account, this should activate the 30 free days of your subscription. You should now be able to log in and play.

Please be aware that you will still need to set up a subscription if you wish to continue playing after the 30 free days.

Have great adventures in Tamriel.
    WAS THAT SO FREAKING HARD ESO SUPPORT!? Now I can finally play the game that I've already paid for!??!

So if anyone else is having similar issues regarding subscriptions then keep spamming customer support and they will (hopefully) fix your problem.....

cheater531

I would buy this game if it wasn't for the paid supscription. We should be able to play for free :/

Haven Martial Arts God

Array

actually its a good thing that it is on paid subs... as you won't have to many people bitching around or trying to scam or what ever....
    at least the early access days and the beta days were nice... ^_^

the only problem is that you have to authorize your account with a sub or game card... which is quite stupid...

Rich Cook

cheater531

Yes, a good friend of mine did say the beta was quite good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast