hu Takumi invents time-gavel
The Ace Attorney series has seen a few spin-offs in its time, but it seems Capcom is taking their newest court appearance a little more seriously. In an interview with Famitsu (as reported by Siliconera), producer Shintaro Kojima revealed that The Great Ace Attorney - which is set in the late 1800s/early 1900s and features Phoenix Wright's ancestor - is part of an ongoing new project:
Name:  nnnn1.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  46.0 KBWhile it's not a main-numbered Ace Attorney title, it's the start of a new series called The Great Ace Attorney. I believe that it's becoming something that can show that it's not simply just a derivative title. We can't say too much about it for the time being, but we'll be revealing more on the characters and their backgrounds next time, which we hope you all can look forward to."

Returning writer-director-all round nice guy Shu Takumi is hoping to eclipse the good work he's made previously: "It's been a while since I've participated in making a new Ace Attorney game, and things are a little different from the earlier days; however, as usual, I'll be doing my best and putting all my effort into it, so that this one won't lose to the past games I've worked on."

You can see a teaser trailer for the game, which features images of Ryunosuke Wright and new heroine Susato Mikotoba, below.