360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] [PS3/XB360]Dark Souls II Save Editor V2.0.0.5 - Page 56
Register
Page 56 of 677 FirstFirst ... 6314651525354555657585960616681106131156306556 ... LastLast
    Array

Re: [PS3/XB360]Dark Souls II Save Editor V1.0.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zadetsusen View Post
    PS3 User here without CFW.

Anyone have success using the editor? I've been trying to edit a mega mule save but it doesn't seem to work. It keeps the mega mule save intact even though I added/changed/removed a lot of the items. I was using the "load from ps3 directory" on the editor and loading the save from a USB.

This is the save i'm using: http://www.dropbox.com/s/t74q5mzdnna...t%20kairas.rar
    Only work with saves after character creation, savemule is before

Array

ok so i've done some experiment and got some result
    maybe this can help you guys who got 'failed to save' after you load your save and got kick to title menu
    btw this is only for XBOX360 ok here it goes :

1. put you backup save (older save, the one before you mod) in USB and load in game, check if it got same error...
    don't close the game if you got no error
    but if it does try to find an older backup and if you don' have....well u need to make a new fresh clean save
    2. after you load and got no error, quit the game by the quit menu (press start and go to quit menu)
    don't quit by closing the game, close the game after u are in title menu (do this every time u want to quit the game)
    3. after that extract your save with Party Buffalo don't use Horizon
    make sure you make a backup
    4. mod your save but remember these rules :
    a. don't mod in equipment menu, mod items in inventory
    b. if you want to mod a lot of items, better put the items in item box
    c. yes u can input a lot of item but don't be greed...
    because inserting too much item can make the game freeze
    like just make all item 30x not 99x or 9999x
    5. after you'r done with modding, don't close the save editor
    but close the mod menu until the save editor look like this :
    http://i.gyazo.com/129c3fbbd26ca45bd7bb8e3c82fae418.png
    and press 'close save' then you close the program

i've done it that way until now i got no problem
    A. the reason why I use quit menu rather then just close the game
    is because sometime it doesn't save properly
    and the next time I load the game, a message will show
    saying that I didn't save properly last time and it may cause corruption
    B the reason why I use party buffalo is because
    when rehash and resign in horizon it change my save from 14mb to 7mb
    and if i didn't rehash and resign, sometime my save doesn't show up

sorry for the long post and bad english
    and thank you for jappi88 for making such a great program

VIP Member
    Jappi88

Array

[PS3/XB360]Dark Souls II Save Editor V1.0.0.8

Hey Jappi. I found another minor bug. It's not one that harms the saves but I thought you would like know. This just an example of the problem. Say you have all 3 weapons slot filled and all 3 shield slots filled. The items in the 2 slot will switch with one another. I believe this is after I added weapons into the save with editor while I had all 3 slots equipped. And this isn't the first time it has happened maybe like 11th time. Doesn't harm us to any extent, but still a bug. Thank you Jappi!!! Keep up the amazing work :)
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 4244 || Posts : 366 || Thanks : 23 || Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

Re: [PS3/XB360]Dark Souls II Save Editor V1.0.0.8

Quote Originally Posted by ReDeMpTiOn213 View Post
    Hey Jappi. I found another minor bug. It's not one that harms the saves but I thought you would like know. This just an example of the problem. Say you have all 3 weapons slot filled and all 3 shield slots filled. The items in the 2 slot will switch with one another. I believe this is after I added weapons into the save with editor while I had all 3 slots equipped. And this isn't the first time it has happened maybe like 11th time. Doesn't harm us to any extent, but still a bug. Thank you Jappi!!! Keep up the amazing work :)

yes im aware of that, will be fixed in the next update.
    im planning to release a big update upcoming weekend if everything goos as planned.

im also in need of a save with allot of covenants unlocked...the Covenants should also be upgraded...not all of them but atleast 2 or 3.

please hit me up with a pm and the save attached.
    it would help allot.
    Downloads : 166 || Uploads : 31 || Rep Power : 8661 || Posts : 1,660 || Thanks : 188 || Thanked 10,799 Times in 600 Posts

Programming is 10% science, 20% ingenuity, and 70% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Programming is like sex:
    One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Array

Re: [PS3/XB360]Dark Souls II Save Editor V1.0.0.8

Jappi have you had the chance to check the saves I put a few days ago? What about the errors I found?

8Ball
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by reidinoir View Post
    ok so i've done some experiment and got some result
    maybe this can help you guys who got 'failed to save' after you load your save and got kick to title menu
    btw this is only for XBOX360 ok here it goes :

1. put you backup save (older save, the one before you mod) in USB and load in game, check if it got same error...
    don't close the game if you got no error
    but if it does try to find an older backup and if you don' have....well u need to make a new fresh clean save
    2. after you load and got no error, quit the game by the quit menu (press start and go to quit menu)
    don't quit by closing the game, close the game after u are in title menu (do this every time u want to quit the game)
    3. after that extract your save with Party Buffalo don't use Horizon
    make sure you make a backup
    4. mod your save but remember these rules :
    a. don't mod in equipment menu, mod items in inventory
    b. if you want to mod a lot of items, better put the items in item box
    c. yes u can input a lot of item but don't be greed...
    because inserting too much item can make the game freeze
    like just make all item 30x not 99x or 9999x
    5. after you'r done with modding, don't close the save editor
    but close the mod menu until the save editor look like this :
    http://i.gyazo.com/129c3fbbd26ca45bd7bb8e3c82fae418.png
    and press 'close save' then you close the program

i've done it that way until now i got no problem
    A. the reason why I use quit menu rather then just close the game
    is because sometime it doesn't save properly
    and the next time I load the game, a message will show
    saying that I didn't save properly last time and it may cause corruption
    B the reason why I use party buffalo is because
    when rehash and resign in horizon it change my save from 14mb to 7mb
    and if i didn't rehash and resign, sometime my save doesn't show up

sorry for the long post and bad english
    and thank you for jappi88 for making such a great program

Your method worked great, except I didnt add one key that is warned may cause corruption and the black scorpion stinger appeared in my key inventory. When i tried to leave it my game froze. Any idea what is happening with that?

Array

Just found out something interesting with the editor. If you swap one character with another, the swapped character will keep the game progression of the original slot. This could be useful for people who want to start over with new looks but keep their progression. I've been able to change my characters looks on the fly by creating a new character and swapping. The only bad side is, the inventory and stats come over with the new character, but that's easy enough to fix.

I know this is supposed to be a function of the tool, but it isn't working for me. I don't know about everyone else, but if it isn't working for you also, try this out. I hope this info helps out Jappi and helps people in the process.

Array

I've gotten a lot of save corruptions in various circumstances that I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause of. However, every time my save is corrupted, it's because items are added wrongly in the inventory often with huge gaps of empty space between items. Removing the space and putting the items where they should be fixes the save so it works fine. Basically, all the items go together and all the keys have to be in the key slots including dull ember, mist heart, ladder but not the king's ring (it goes with the other rings in the inventory). In my experience, this has fixed my PS3 saves which have been corrupted. I hope this helps someone! You can check out the DkS2 modding discussion thread for the correct positioning.

Also, does anyone know a little more about how the appearance data works..? It's more a curiosity, but it seems the first block is values calculated by the slider positions + some code in the background (moving one slider effects multiple characteristics) but I haven't been able to find where the actual slider positions are.