360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Prepare for Xbox One game save modding! - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Security
    Overlord

Array

Re: Prepare for Xbox One game save modding!

from what i can tell the saves are saved in both places cloud (online play) hdd (offline play) but, as it has been said before its still going to be a while before anything gets modded. we dont know the save formats and what the security is on each file

Array

I actually kind of guessed that with the auto cloud storage, it will take a priority so if you load from an HDD a modded save, the cloud one may overwrite it. May have to mod a save, play offline and then take it back online over and over somehow, which I don't think will be a thing.

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by electricone View Post
    yeah it prob be a few months after this update comes out but does make it step closer to making it possible. and the only thing that sucks about the external harddrive is that it has to be 256GB 3.0 or higher which will cost you lowest $100 some are up to $200+ so it wont be cheap. and i dont really play games so im not gonna be getting one until save editors start coming out.

true but really depends on what kinda game your playing. like the ability to unlock everything access things you normally wouldn't be able to an few games even allow you to upload any image from pc into the game to use on a created character. stuff like that. but what u really reffering to is those with like Jtag consoles which allows you to edit just about everything inside the game were as a Save editor you can only change certain things.

was just looking bout seeing how to download the update and came cross a site with faqs about it an one of the ? was are u able to save your gamesaves to external hdd and they said no that the gamesaves are automatically uploaded to cloud and sync with X1
    Lot's of people are in the preview me and most of my list already have this update, I also wasn't talking about jtags I know what they are.
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5446 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bongmantv View Post
    Lot's of people are in the preview me and most of my list already have this update, I also wasn't talking about jtags I know what they are.
    well i just got my x1 first week of this month, so dont have the day 1 patch or know how to even get on the list for the beta updates or whatever referring to the updates. an i wasn't saying that u didn't know jtags were but jtag modders are the ones that be ruining online play for people not the ones who use save editors. of course judging from own experiences but really only used save editors on 3 games. one was just basic unlock everything but the other 2 had a lot more options to mod in the game. but those were really like i said unlocking everything unlocking hidden content, change rules, an some even allow you to upload images into the game. GTA allows you to have all weapons with unlimited ammo which could be kinda considered bad thing but not for that game maybe another one but on GTA only works offline so doesn't affect online play. which also from my experience save editors work better for offline play some doesnt affect online play or if it does very little were as jtag modders can mod online play an ruin them.

Haven's Warrior lv46

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by electricone View Post
    well i just got my x1 first week of this month, so dont have the day 1 patch or know how to even get on the list for the beta updates or whatever referring to the updates. an i wasn't saying that u didn't know jtags were but jtag modders are the ones that be ruining online play for people not the ones who use save editors. of course judging from own experiences but really only used save editors on 3 games. one was just basic unlock everything but the other 2 had a lot more options to mod in the game. but those were really like i said unlocking everything unlocking hidden content, change rules, an some even allow you to upload images into the game. GTA allows you to have all weapons with unlimited ammo which could be kinda considered bad thing but not for that game maybe another one but on GTA only works offline so doesn't affect online play. which also from my experience save editors work better for offline play some doesnt affect online play or if it does very little were as jtag modders can mod online play an ruin them.
    Cool story bro (sorry couldn't help it) GTA4 was ruined by ISO mods freeze guns and cars etc. Jtags haven't really been a problem for me because I don't play COD4/MW2 any more. I should of been clear with what I was meaning, the next 3 games I want are Destiny, The Crew, and Division For Xbox One If save editors come out for these MMO-ISH games I think it will ruin them IMO.

PS - If you leave me your GT I think I can Invite people into the preview program.
    Downloads : 16 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5446 || Posts : 694 || Thanks : 405 || Thanked 276 Times in 145 Posts

Security
    Overlord

Array

@bogmantv im with you on hoping people leave destiny alone and over at the unofficial 360 guild hall idle mentioned that it was going to be like defiance all character data stored server side. which leads me to think since i have defiance that the only things stored locally are patches and dlc

Array

Ohh ya
    can't wait for this

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_for...=xboxonecrunch

The big change appears to be 2 bytes in the mbr, thats it. Well, as much as i could pull from the program, and the code looked all there, the drive is parsed at least so this isn't some madman flailing a hexwand around.
    Congratulations are in order I guess.

I'm wondering if a safer passthrough method could not be employed in a manner not unlike mounting a drive image, may be worth researching that, saves manipulating the mbr.
    Some of the comments on that link are just stupid, in terms of a library or a windows service that would be fantastic, subtle even.

It's just plain weird it's that simple, it can't be.. can it? I was expecting some bastardised encryption formed in the mind of a mental patient guarded by ninjas, dogs with rabies and ninjas with rabies because the dogs are rabid and who the hell wants to be around that?.
    It might just be using a form of NTFS thats simply had a name change? Security wise that's just stupid but functionally, genius. Nothing of true value would be stored on the external anyway so why bother securing it to that extent, yay for us.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5649 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast