360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Watch Dogs Game Save Sharing
Register
    Haven Donator
    Array

Watch Dogs Game Save Sharing

Im having trouble getting other players uploaded game saves to work. I downloaded a few off of Modio and replace those savegame.data with my own using Horizon. I rehash and resign and move the file back to my 360 but when i go to Watch Dogs main menu a prompt apprears saying Im not connected to the server so i connect and choose continue because there isnt a option to load a specific save file but the game says could not find the file or its missing and blanks out the continue option making me start a new game. This has happened three time. Is there an error on my part? I hear other say they are doing this fine with files like amany's uploaded modded save but im having no luck when i try.

Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

Re: Watch Dogs Game Save Sharing

The Message with the Server has nothing to do with the Save, its the cheap UPlay that fails, simply hit reconnect and it should work...
    If the Save is corrupt (which only happens if it is really messed up) then you will get a Message about...
    Also if the Continue vanish, its bad, that should not happen...

Also only take the Data of SaveGame.dat (CON) and put it in your own SaveGame.dat (CON) then resign/rehash your own SaveGame.dat (CON),
    do not copy UGCs.dat and don't take the Data of UGCs.dat, its for Uplay only...

Vulnavia

Haven Donator
    Array

That is the method I use. None of the methods I try seem to lead to a different result being I have to restart a new game since the game doesnt even let me place my backup original file back into its place and continue the game. I will just play it legit for now.

Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

If you even can't copy your original to a USB-Stick and back without Problems, then i suppose there is a Problem with the USB-Stick also, because i even edited Stuff in my Saves and copy them back multiple Time without corruption or anything, the first Time i got an Corrupt Error was when i replaced 188 Instances of a Value at once, which well isn't a good Idea to do... ;)

So perhaps try another Stick, copy your SaveGame.dat + UGCs.dat to the stick (UGCs.dat is called User Generated Content in Xboxmenu) then try to load the Game up and point it to your USB-Stick instead HDD, if it loads its ok, if not something is wrong... If that worked end the Game, remove the Stick and transfer only the SaveGame.dat to PC, then replace the SaveGame.dat which is in the SaveGame.dat (CON) with Amany's (you need to extract Amany's SaveGame.dat out of the SaveGame.dat (CON) first) and resign/rehash, then transfer it back to your Stick, load the Game and point it to your Stick again instead HDD, if that doesn't work then something gone wrong while replacing, perhaps the Tool or what ever...

Also its important that you Rename your SaveGame.dat to something like _SaveGame_.dat if all Files are in the same Folder, because the internal Data is called SaveGame.dat too, so if you don't do that you mess it up logically...

If you still can't succeed, well then i don't know, because i had no Problems at all multiple Times, i used solely the Tools "USB Xtaf Gui v44" and "CON Manager 2.2.0.0" which are rather old Tools, but till now i never had any Issues with them....

Vulnavia

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vulnavia For This Useful Post:

Advanced Member
    Array

Try using CONcept instead