360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Modded Save] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z MaJiN M0D V2! (Improved) - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z MaJiN M0D V2! (Improved)

Oh, It seems like you're done with modding this game so ignore all below this.

I played using the newest version without changing anything, and it only froze twice. When I was playing with the newest version before I re-downloaded it, it froze around 10 times. I then customized a few people and got into many games with no problem but before I joined someone who was high rank it froze. I wasn't going to give up so I restarted the game and played more games until I came across another high rank and it froze again. It looks like (I highly doubt this) high ranks cause the freezing problem...? That or some unknown reason or I'm just dumb. All I'm saying is that the freezing problem was half-solved by re-downloading the newest save and changing only things on characters I play as the most.

If you could find out what causes the freezing could you let me know? I'm going to try to save the game first every time I play like you suggest I do and hope that it don't freeze.

Also, the third time I loaded the save the options changed from:
    Captions - On to Captions - Off
    Voice - English to Voice - Japanese
    Vibration - On to Vibration - Off

I hope this helps to determine the cause.
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 8 || Thanks : 1 || Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=4][U][CENTER]My eyes yearn for it!
    My eyes yearn for-MY MASK!! [/CENTER][/U][/SIZE][/FONT]

Array

BTW, do you customize characters after loading the save and keep those changes over different loads of the save?
    Downloads : 0 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 0 || Posts : 8 || Thanks : 1 || Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Genesis
    Array

Doubt its a rank issue. If it is, I'll reupload 3.5 back to 666. The edited settings are a normal occurrence that sometimes happens when modding this game; because some values remain and some change when loading the game, apposed to editing the save, so it gets confused on which was changed in the save when I modded it. Hopefully it doesn't stay locked onto Japanese and captions off like it did for me once when I was testing 3.0. In 3.5 I identified the freezing when it comes to co-op, but it can't be perfectly corrected and fixed with 100% validity when you rehash a game save after modding it. (Every mod slowly decreases the stability of the save, which effects how the game communicates to it, due to it not supposed to be having those illegal offset characters in place of the genuine ones).

That logic also applies as to why the save appears broken if you attempt to load it twice while remaining in the game.

As for modding the game, I used v2 to base v3, then modified a majority of everyone's cards to the Tree of Might individually one at a time, to avoid corrupting the save and making these "freezing" issues any worse.

The game will most likely freeze when saving it in the menu. If I was to advise you when to save, it would have to be the automatic saving that occurs after finishing a battle, or backing out of the co-op mode.

I probably will reupload one or two more saves, but they won't technically be improvements. I might improve a few individual characters very slightly, but that's barely a save revision upgrade. As for future uploading, I'll primarily focus on fixing those freezing issues. I'll have to test things out in co op mode when I get internet back.

Hopefully modding the game alongside my RGH console this time around didn't ruin anything as it did on the retail console. I had to use my RGH in order to get the offsets for SSJ Bardock and SSJNaruto Goku, as I don't plan on purchasing Bardock and its not possible to get SSJNaruto Goku as it is.

Having the DLC character offsets modded on someone's Xbox who doesn't have either DLC, could potentially cause further issues. I doubt this, as you said 3.5 seems to be a little more stable now.

Here is a challenge for you: try your best to avoid saving the game via the menu. You'll slash the freezing risk by 90%.

I doubt I'll be able to improve the stability any further when it comes to 3.5, due to all of the editing I've done, every little hexadecimal string that contributes to a modded value, which already compromises the save, due to it not being programmed to deal with the game in this way.

The freezing could also be due to your connection. Maybe even other modders' presence in that very lobby. Doubt it. In the meantime, you'll have to do these tests. I can still edit the saves, but I currently for the next week or so, may not have WiFi internet access; which also means I'm limited to uploading to here as-well.

Lastly, just a little conformation for you, but my game rarely ever freezes. The only times its ever froze for me is when saving via the menu, or even more rarely by just entering co-op or Battle Mode and encountering a crash.

Here is one last method you could use to reduce freezing significantly. Simply play one single mission on single player. It'll save afterwards and you'll probably be able to save from the menu afterwards without a worry, either. Most importantly, when you're facing heavy freezing occurrences, playing a single player mission will eliminate the freezing issues for entering co-op, battle mode and saving the game by a great shot. Its still possible to freeze, but less likely and more of a temporary approach, but everything I've said so far in this whole reply is just rare for me anyway and I hope it is for everyone else too.

All it takes to corrupt a save is one wrong valuable, or one wrong byte of data in the save. Being only human, and considering that I mainly only had the time to mod the save at night time, from about 11pm to around 5am some nights, I may have made a few misplacements; effectively compromising the stability of the save, however I countlessly double checked everything was correct prior to finalising the save anyway.
    Last edited by CPUzX; 08-22-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Array

Thanks for your hard work and advice as I will be using it daily.

I look forward to your future revisions.

Inactive Member
    Array

very nice!

tlclltvw1

great job thank you

Genesis
    Array

Hahaha. You got banned for being a spamming piece of shit.
    You don't give a fuck about half of the saves or topics anyone has released. You just want to reach 100 posts in order to unlock a specific thread. That was your intention. You even commented on my other game save too. Your profile is flooded with the same generic comments. The moderators on this site aren't dumb. You're dumb if you think you're outsmarting them.

Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

nice modded save share CPUzX
    Downloads : 59 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 18449 || Posts : 13,028 || Thanks : 3,665 || Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,447 Posts

Serious_M

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast