360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Modding Diablo 3 gems - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

Re: Modding Diablo 3 gems

Quote Originally Posted by vosszaa View Post
    Spent almost 3 hours modding gems. Everything went perfectly fine. My Barb has 600M dps, 700k Life, 2400 AR, 140% DC, 80% CC, 11k CD, 11 APS, 9k LPH only to know that the affixes that applied to gems doesn't get transferred to RoS. What a waste of time. SMH

Note: This is from D3 PS3 > D3 RoS PS4
    Note2: 3 Sockets and other affixes if applied directly to gear does stick
    Happy to hear you got the gems modded successfully. TO answer your question up above, I found that if you made a stack of more than one modded gem, the affixes wouldn't take effect correctly when you tried to slot them.

And I was a bit disappointed too when I found out the gem affixes didn't stick. :( lol

Security
    Overlord

Array

had the same thing happen to me after i made a similar barbarian last week and exported it over to the xb1. BMXll i got the stack of gems to work at 5 only anymore than that it reset them all and left just the name

Array

I see, thank you for sharing that with me. I will update the OP. :)

Array

Quote Originally Posted by BMXll View Post
    Happy to hear you got the gems modded successfully. TO answer your question up above, I found that if you made a stack of more than one modded gem, the affixes wouldn't take effect correctly when you tried to slot them.

And I was a bit disappointed too when I found out the gem affixes didn't stick. :( lol
    No, you misunderstand. My gems don't work was not because they were stacked. They simply don't work because the game(RoS) no longer recognise the affixes on gems

I mod 9 gems at a times and I only mod the gems that are in my bag. This way I can make sure no modded gems are stacked. So what I did was put 1 of Ruby Tier 16, 15 and 14 in my bag then I do the same for Emerald and Amethyst.

After the first 9 gems is modded, I went in game and socket them into my gear piece. The modded affixes stay. Everything was working as expected. Then after that I pull out another 9 gems from my stash and put them in my bag. Same concept. No gems are stacked since they are from different tier.

I do this until I sockets all the gems into every single gear piece(13 pieces = 36 gems to sockets) Everything went perfect as I expected. My character achieved all the stats that I said earlier.

Now, the disappointing part.

I log on PSN to use the EXPORTING SAVE feature. Again, exporting save was fine. No error whatsoever.

Now I turn on PS4 and do the IMPORTING SAVE. Again, save was imported successfully. I went in game and BAM! Those mouth watering stats that I modded in PS3 are gone. It's like they remove the affix address of the gem entirely.

Imagine the gem has a box where you put all the affixes in it, they just remove the whole damn box. And if this the case, we can say goodbye to modding gem in RoS

Security
    Overlord

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vosszaa View Post
    No, you misunderstand. My gems don't work was not because they were stacked. They simply don't work because the game(RoS) no longer recognise the affixes on gems

I mod 9 gems at a times and I only mod the gems that are in my bag. This way I can make sure no modded gems are stacked. So what I did was put 1 of Ruby Tier 16, 15 and 14 in my bag then I do the same for Emerald and Amethyst.

After the first 9 gems is modded, I went in game and socket them into my gear piece. The modded affixes stay. Everything was working as expected. Then after that I pull out another 9 gems from my stash and put them in my bag. Same concept. No gems are stacked since they are from different tier.

I do this until I sockets all the gems into every single gear piece(13 pieces = 36 gems to sockets) Everything went perfect as I expected. My character achieved all the stats that I said earlier.

Now, the disappointing part.

I log on PSN to use the EXPORTING SAVE feature. Again, exporting save was fine. No error whatsoever.

Now I turn on PS4 and do the IMPORTING SAVE. Again, save was imported successfully. I went in game and BAM! Those mouth watering stats that I modded in PS3 are gone. It's like they remove the affix address of the gem entirely.

Imagine the gem has a box where you put all the affixes in it, they just remove the whole damn box. And if this the case, we can say goodbye to modding gem in RoS
    ah yes we did find this out if you look at my post above .. i too lost all the 26 mil dps the 5 mil in hp and the 17mil in armor when using the gems and then exporting to my xb1 ROS... but thats ok i got to keep the 7 mil dps 2.5 attack speed and the 300 k hp and 121k armor that was already modded onto my items before i put gems in hehe .. well here is hoping the genius's can break the xb1 and ps4 so we can freely mod them too !

Array

Quote Originally Posted by reapermech View Post
    ah yes we did find this out if you look at my post above .. i too lost all the 26 mil dps the 5 mil in hp and the 17mil in armor when using the gems and then exporting to my xb1 ROS... but thats ok i got to keep the 7 mil dps 2.5 attack speed and the 300 k hp and 121k armor that was already modded onto my items before i put gems in hehe .. well here is hoping the genius's can break the xb1 and ps4 so we can freely mod them too !
    I hope so too but I don't think it will happen(at least any time soon) If they do indeed remove the address where the hex affix suppose to go, then there is no way we can mod it. Maybe if we create another byte of address to house the affix, it could work. But I doubt it because the bytes different will result in corrupted save :(

Security
    Overlord

Array

i think that the stats are lost due to the game only noticing just the gems on next gen. i dont have the 360 version of ROS so i cant confirm this but if you just load your previous save into the 360 version of ROS the gems stay with the new affixes, well how it was done in the past was with the durability thats how they found out in D3 that an item could have 32 affixes originally.

★ The Exiled One ★
    Exiledone

Array
    Twitter: @

I just modded 2 gems on the RoS version and the effects I added did not work. The game only gave me a normal gem when I socketed it. I think they changed the coding of the game to just add a gem to the socket and ignore if there are any effects on it :(
    Downloads : 71 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 14305 || Posts : 4,709 || Thanks : 1,168 || Thanked 16,733 Times in 1,843 Posts

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast