RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

New Destiny Leak Could Show What's Coming Next

Name:  dest.jpg
Views: 1541
Size:  110.7 KB
    Curious about the future of Destiny? Here's a leak you might find interesting—a graphic purporting to lay out what developer Bungie's got planned for the rest of 2015 and beyond.

The image, which has apparently been floating around the internet since October but only drew widespread attention this morning thanks to a massive Reddit thread, shows the already-announced first two DLC packs (The Dark Below and House of Wolves) followed by a larger "expansion" called Comet that's slated for September of next year. After that is something illegible ("Vex" something?) and then something called "Forge of Gods."

So is it real? One source familiar with Destiny's development told me he believes so—and that there have always been plans to release an expansion next fall with the name Comet—but many of the details may have changed. So the overall gameplan—House of Wolves in March; the bigger Comet this September; two DLC packs after that—could remain the same, but the exact contents of each update are probably still up in the air.

The full breakdown from this image, as determined by Reddit's magnifying glasses:

House of Wolves: three new story missions; one strike; one raid; new PvP maps; the addition of the Reef (where you visit the Queen in the main game).

Comet: 12 new story missions; three strikes; one raid; one patrol; one public event; three new sub-classes; and the increase of "Base Level" to 30, which will presumably change the Light system quite a bit. Also, a new map called Hive Ship.12

The third DLC pack will also add story missions and strikes; the fourth is all blank on that image.

This all makes sense, of course—and the roadmap fits perfectly both with what I've heard from industry sources and from what we've seen in other Destiny DLC leaks. It's possible the exact numbers will change as Bungie keeps working on this stuff, but it looks like now we've got a full idea of just what's coming this year, not counting free updates and other patches.

You can reach the author of this post at [email protected] or on Twitter at @jasonschreier.
    Last edited by THUMBS; 01-03-2015 at 12:05 AM.
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17075 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to THUMBS For This Useful Post:

Security
    Overlord

Array

Re: New Destiny Leak Could Show What's Coming Next

seems like they are just trying to prolong the crap they released on 2014
    Downloads : 13 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5901 || Posts : 1,008 || Thanks : 169 || Thanked 178 Times in 114 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reapermech For This Useful Post:

Demon

Array

Quote Originally Posted by reapermech View Post
    seems like they are just trying to prolong the crap they released on 2014
    So true, I often wonder how great this game would have been if it hadn't been stripped down in the last year of development...
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5455 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Array

Not to sound like a party pooper but is Destiny even worth trying? From what I seen its a game that delivers at first but very quickly dies off from lack of content. I know thats what Titanfalls problem was.

RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by assassinx View Post
    Not to sound like a party pooper but is Destiny even worth trying? From what I seen its a game that delivers at first but very quickly dies off from lack of content. I know thats what Titanfalls problem was.
    dam right well said plus i think titanfall is a better game an that was not all that special ether lol
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17075 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts