360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Destiny' House Of Wolves DLC Leak Reveals Plot Details, New Gear And Possible Release
Register
    RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

Destiny' House Of Wolves DLC Leak Reveals Plot Details, New Gear And Possible Release

If you're curious what new items Bungie has in store for players later this year when Destiny's next expansion, House of Wolves, releases, wonder no more. A massive leak has revealed dozens of new pieces of weaponry and armor that is supposedly coming later this year, along with new story details about House of Wolves.

Destiny Spoilers Below: Read At Your Own Risk

The leak comes via Reddit, from a poster named megamanexe4 who claims they've found a way to access the as-of-yet unreleased files coming in House of Wolves. The original poster says they are not good at English and appears to have translated their words using Googe Translator. Nobody is quite sure what exactly the OP is saying or how they obtained the files, but it is definitely the real deal, as the post links to dozens of previously never-before-seen items.

First up is a look at the story that will surround the House of Wolves expansion. The OP seems to have found the "Purchase DLC" screen that serves as a preview of the content in the expansion. It gives away a few plot points, mainly that the Awoken Queen's Fallen soldiers have gone rogue. It will be up to players to hunt down the traitors, which will lead into the new strike and raid included in the DLC.

Megamanexe4 goes on to link brand new Vanguard and Crucible gear for each class. None of the item names and descriptions are in English, but players can at least get a glimpse at the raw stats of the new gear. There are far too many images to all post here, but here's a sneak peak at a few of the items players can look forward to. These images are (according to the OP) new Vanguard helmets for each of the classes, as well as new Vanguard weapons.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	16106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d2.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	16107Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d3.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	16108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d4.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	16109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d5.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	16110
    These new pieces of gear, per the post, look to raise an item's maximum light level to 39. It also looks like the level requirement for the weekly nightfall strike will be bumped up to level 32, as shown in this image.

Perhaps most interesting of all is the release date for the expansion, according to the post. Previously rumored to be released sometime in March, the OP claims House of Wolves won't actually release until May. We won't know for sure until Bungie makes a formal announcement, which may come sooner rather than later in light of the leak.

So what do you think? Do these new pieces of gear look promising? Bungie says they won't be making the same mistakes in House of Wolves that they did in the game's first expansion, The Dark Below, namely in how the expansion reset the talents for exotic weapons. Look for Destiny's House of Wolves expansion to release sometime in the first half of this year.
    Last edited by THUMBS; 02-04-2015 at 07:27 PM. Reason: ad video
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17084 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to THUMBS For This Useful Post:

Array

Re: Destiny' House Of Wolves DLC Leak Reveals Plot Details, New Gear And Possible Rel

I honestly grew to hate Destiny. I always hope that one day I will go back and fall in love with it. I want to like it so ad but something is just missing.

RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Destiny' House Of Wolves DLC Leak Reveals Plot Details, New Gear And Possible Rel

Quote Originally Posted by thisryeguy View Post
    I honestly grew to hate Destiny. I always hope that one day I will go back and fall in love with it. I want to like it so ad but something is just missing.
    i just got myself because all my mates were playing it.. but to be honest its not a bad game really
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17084 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts

Security
    Overlord

Array

thumbs try playing it from day one , its a grind and very boring game that has had its story ripped apart so they could charge us for it ... they said it would be a 10 yr franchise it wont make 10 months if they keep balancing pve and pvp together...

hate to say it but if this "big leak" is anything just more bad news for people that have beaten the other raids/missions the non exotics they worked so hard for are now useless when this dlc drops
    Last edited by reapermech; 02-08-2015 at 04:52 AM.
    Downloads : 13 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5910 || Posts : 1,008 || Thanks : 169 || Thanked 178 Times in 114 Posts

Demon

Array

I'm quite disappointed about the delay for this dlc, I'm already bored out of my mind with the dark below, though because of the shit rng I still have to run the raid every week to get screwed out of my helmets while the game keeps tossing weapons at me instead of what I actually need (8 dragonsbreath...ffs). I kind of worry about them doing the same thing with the vendor gear again, I was pretty pissed off that the second the dlc dropped all the raid gear I worked my ass off to get was instantly obsolete with some marks and a few commendations. Already paid for the next dlc, so I'll keep grinding until then, but it better be better than the dark below, it's sad how cheesable the new raid was, and still is, would be nice if the new raid was tested over and over again for cheeses before they release it.
    Downloads : 66 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5464 || Posts : 547 || Thanks : 95 || Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts

Haven Mangekyo Sharigan Master

Array

I haven't got this game yet, still thinking about. is it really worth it.

really don't have many friends that time sink in MMOs..
    Downloads : 21 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5828 || Posts : 1,244 || Thanks : 217 || Thanked 144 Times in 120 Posts

AFX ART: By me

Security
    Overlord

Array

not a mmo you get to play with 3 people on missions and 5 others in raids and a whopping 11 others in the pvp.. its fetch missions and gather this many items or go here and kill this person .. daily no story to speak of
    Downloads : 13 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 5910 || Posts : 1,008 || Thanks : 169 || Thanked 178 Times in 114 Posts