Sorry Sephiroth
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry Sephiroth

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

Sorry Sephiroth

Basically, I was somewhat drunk and in a bad mood (it's no excuse, but it is true) and I went on a small rant on how this site is not what it used to be

Below is a message i sent Sephiroth

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked to be demoted because this "Community" is just a bunch of leechers we have like 30 members at best who are actually doing good for this site no one wants to improve it the first few years I was on here it was awesome now it has gone stale like some old bread lol

I loved this site and most of the people in it, but I don't want to be part of it if it's the same old shit everyday so I'm asking you to ban me

We don't have things like other popular gaming/modding communities have such as

Giveaways
    Gfx competitions
    Community game nights (Would help some of us come together and be more of a "Family")
    A AIO tool to represent 360haven
    A good YouTube channel for great tutorials on how to mod or even code editors (anything to gain popularity on the site)
    More forum section and sub sections
    Member of the week or month (This will help others be nice and helpful around the forums and in return get a sweet badge and maybe a week of VIP?)
    A team to put good useful stuff in the VIP section (so it's actually worth getting VIP)

These are just some things that keep the community alive and make members actually be part of the community rather than just signing up and not posting and leeching all the developers work they put out
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's probably just the way I feel, but I was angry as nothing was really being improved I wanted to see this community grow and actually get members to be more active and post more around the forums

Seph didn't want to reply to me so while it was immature I spammed the forums to force Seph to ban me

I have no excuse for the way I acted I should of kept my mouth shut as I never needed to act this way but what can I say? Apart from I'm sorry and while this is extremely embarrassing I feel I deserve any hate and embarrassment I get

I'm sorry Seph, I hope we can sort things out I never really wanted any of this to happen, you helped me out on here and in real life so this is why I feel that I need to make a more public apology for the way I acted towards you

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Original Boss For This Useful Post:

Traine Dev
    modder

Array

Re: Sorry Sephiroth

any one can go on a rent when on the drink mate . But it takes a good man to admit he was wrong for it , I applaud youre actions of stepping up and appologising

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trainee For This Useful Post:

RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

Original Boss there is some great ideas for 360haven i vouch for giveaways compositions like GFX,plus defiantly try an improve the vip section
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17053 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to THUMBS For This Useful Post:

DarkOne
    Array

Keep away from gadgets and gizmos while drunk Original Boss. [Everyone should.]
    It's good that you apologized. I can understand the lack of growth, but that's because we don't have enough members who actually contribute. I'm not talking about the developers side here, but actual members that will revisit here often, after they've leeched whatever trainer or editor they came for.

Some months back, Sephiroth asked members to make a "cool video about 360haven tools/mods or whatever", and not one single new user name posted a reply.
    It was only the 360H Regulars, and we didn't have the hardware or net capability to do so.

There was also a thread for an app logo design....similar result, with no new members posting in there.

I love 360H. I'm here when I usually see something interesting. Yes having giveaways should make a lot of the lurkers participate more, but…
    …it takes either us spending money to fund the giveaways or getting the items from sponsor/patrons or like the free stuff received from conventions e.t.c

I'll still be lurking here, and I'm glad you'll still be here as well, I like looking at your wallpapers.

……
    Hmmn, maybe you could make a new forum design in PS and give that to Sephiroth to code. That could also spice things up here.
    Here's to hoping Sephiroth accepts your apology, and responds here. [He most likely has accepted it already]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crimi Martin For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array

You should understand that this is a modding community and not a santa clause community.
    We already give a way tools, trainers, mods,etc for free.

I am aware about the leechers. We can't force anyone to make post or whatever against their will.
    But there are things that you don't know about.
    When i check cloudflare analytics, i see this.

Last month

Page views: 12,139,399
    Regular traffic: 11,252,988
    Unique visitors: 140,706
    Crawlers/bots: 859,557
    Threats: 26,854

21,515,444 requests saved by CloudFlare

40,475,201 total requests

163.0 GB bandwidth saved by CloudFlare

371.6 GB total bandwidth
    -

Just because you don't see many users making posts/threads doesn't mean the site is dead or no one is active.

Anyway, apology accepted.

--edit--

The things you can do is force users to click the like button to see download link or content.
    We can force users to add comment to see the download link or content, but that will only increase spam in forums.
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9382 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    You should understand that this is a modding community and not a santa clause community.
    We already give a way tools, trainers, mods,etc for free.

I am aware about the leechers. We can't force anyone to make post or whatever against their will.
    But there are things that you don't know about.
    When i check cloudflare analytics, i see this.

Last month

Page views: 12,139,399
    Regular traffic: 11,252,988
    Unique visitors: 140,706
    Crawlers/bots: 859,557
    Threats: 26,854

21,515,444 requests saved by CloudFlare

40,475,201 total requests

163.0 GB bandwidth saved by CloudFlare

371.6 GB total bandwidth
    -

Just because you don't see many users making posts/threads doesn't mean the site is dead or no one is active.

Anyway, apology accepted.

--edit--

The things you can do is force users to click the like button to see download link or content.
    We can force users to add comment to see the download link or content, but that will only increase spam in forums.
    Thank you and yeah I understand adding comments to see content could be good as it will encourage more members to post, but like you said it will obviously bring spam along with it but at least the staff know which members are just here to leech xD

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Original Boss View Post
    Thank you and yeah I understand adding comments to see content could be good as it will encourage more members to post, but like you said it will obviously bring spam along with it but at least the staff know which members are just here to leech xD

We have now some bbcode tags that will solve this problem - see link below.
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...-New-Hide-Tags

I am still unsure about using it because of spam.
    To reduce the spam, leechers need to make only 1 quality post to see the hidden content/links/etc.
    Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9382 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Gfx Artist
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Should also be noted that not much has been happening on the XBOX360 scene anyways. No new games that are worth modding yet, and no new stuff being discovered :C
    As for myself, I've just been busy IRL with lots of stuff so I haven't exactly been super active here anymore either because of that.
    Downloads : 25 || Uploads : 1 || Rep Power : 5847 || Posts : 925 || Thanks : 86 || Thanked 234 Times in 134 Posts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast