Games that still need the checksums figured out - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

Re: Games that still need the checksums figured out

Quote Originally Posted by Philymaster View Post
    Security archive:
    http://www.360haven.com/forums/threa...ive?highlight=

(360Haven has a security archive too, but only for users with the Developer badge)

Well, in my opinion the scene isn't a mess ... it's dead. Most reverse engineers, that can figure out security, are gone or inactive for a long time already. The remaining reverse engineers are Horizon, Vulnavia and me. Even if you make a security archive like me, the most stuff is not used and nobody cares. With that said, I can understand modders, who think that it's not worth the effort to create a database.

Anyway, I've fun reversing games and will stick with the 360 some years until it's really dead. I will also look into Skylanders for you. At least if I've time, because real-life exist besides modding lol
    You're awesome, Philymaster. :)

Reverse engineer
    Vulnavia

Array

I also want to mention that i provide Docs of the Protections with every Tool i release, so that nobody needs to reinvent the Wheel.
    Of Course it is not the full Source, but that would be of no use anyway, because everybody codes in his own native Language.

But the Information i provide (the full Code Snippet of the Protection in PPC with Comments) or (the exact Description how to do it) should be enough for everybody that needs to implement it in his/her Tool without doing all the reverse engineering work again.

I also post whole Functions in the internal Security Archive if i feel it's needed.

But Philymaster is also right concerning the Scene, most are retired and well we all get older too and will once forced or unforced also retire... ;)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vulnavia For This Useful Post:

Array

Thanks, Vulnavia.

Anyone got an editor or checksum info for Dynasty Warriors 6? All I can ever find are editors for 6 Empires. I'm looking to edit the original DW 6. I'm not even positive it has a checksum, but Tecmo always seems to do nasty shit. I'm still pissed the disc for DOA 2 blocks HDD install. Out of 100s games, I've only ever seen 2 do that. The 2nd was Titanfall.

It's also interesting I've never seen editors or save sets for ET:Quake Wars. Quake Wars is definitely keeping the multiplayer achievement tracking client side as well as singleplayer, most likely in the save data based on what I've seen.
    Last edited by Viper187; 12-21-2015 at 05:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12