360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Reviving a modded PS3 to current mods.
Register
    JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

What Reviving a modded PS3 to current mods.

Anyone with experience with the ps3 homebrew world? Also willing to help me get mine updated(modded wise) and help me get my games working again?
    I have a ps3 that I modded with the usb flasher/programer. (what ever the hell it was.) Anyways I had 3.55 and I updated it with rebug 4.0 or 4. something. I would have to turn it on and look. Anyways I havn't touched it in years. Thanx in advance.

Administrator
    360HAVEN

Array
    Twitter: @

Re: Reviving a modded PS3 to current mods.

I modded my own ps3 several years ago and was using Rogero for a long time until rogero decided to retire.
    I had to downgrade back from CFW 4.50 to CFW 3.55 and overwrite it with cobra CFW.

Rogero Downgrader PUP for any CFW version back to 3.55 - PSX-Scene

Downloads : 171 || Uploads : 13 || Rep Power : 9382 || Posts : 3,380 || Thanks : 513 || Thanked 4,270 Times in 1,295 Posts

What i have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sephiroth For This Useful Post:

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Since your ps3 supports 3.55 you will want to downgrade back to it to tidy it up a little, rebug likes to make itself comfy, alternatively if you want to stay on rebug you can jump to their newest one from right where you are, don't forget to turn off spoofing if it's on first.
    I recommend checking your qa flag if you do downgrade, just because. rebug does this annoying thing where the fans stay on even when off but other than that it's pretty damn great.

Once you've settled the firmware in head over to PS3 Homebrew - Brewology - PS3 PSP WII XBOX - Homebrew News, Saved Games, Downloads, and More! and grab a copy of psnpatch & reactpsn. Under the dev tab you will want to grab the control fan utility perhaps, webman will also do this but I have it installed anyway.

If on rebug you will also want to re-enable cobra via the toolbox and then update webman https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd3mt72wgo...y_com.pkg?dl=0 aldo recently stopped development and for some reason burnt every known copy of it to the ground, the repos are gone.
    Downloads : 101 || Uploads : 18 || Rep Power : 5613 || Posts : 574 || Thanks : 51 || Thanked 463 Times in 200 Posts

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

JTAG/ RGH Pro
    Sephiroth

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I modded my own ps3 several years ago and was using Rogero for a long time until rogero decided to retire.
    I had to downgrade back from CFW 4.50 to CFW 3.55 and overwrite it with cobra CFW.

Rogero Downgrader PUP for any CFW version back to 3.55 - PSX-Scene

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Since your ps3 supports 3.55 you will want to downgrade back to it to tidy it up a little, rebug likes to make itself comfy, alternatively if you want to stay on rebug you can jump to their newest one from right where you are, don't forget to turn off spoofing if it's on first.
    I recommend checking your qa flag if you do downgrade, just because. rebug does this annoying thing where the fans stay on even when off but other than that it's pretty damn great.

Once you've settled the firmware in head over to PS3 Homebrew - Brewology - PS3 PSP WII XBOX - Homebrew News, Saved Games, Downloads, and More! and grab a copy of psnpatch & reactpsn. Under the dev tab you will want to grab the control fan utility perhaps, webman will also do this but I have it installed anyway.

If on rebug you will also want to re-enable cobra via the toolbox and then update webman https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd3mt72wgo...y_com.pkg?dl=0 aldo recently stopped development and for some reason burnt every known copy of it to the ground, the repos are gone.
    Thanx guys I have monday off and will spend a good amount of time working on it. I might hit one of u up on msn or something.