360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
DLC now requiring phones? WTF!!?? "minor rant"
Register

Array

DLC now requiring phones? WTF!!?? "minor rant"

ok so today i was watching footage on youtube of a new costume on MKX that gives you Scorpion's look from Injustice, i was even considering buying the game again due to all the awesome dlc now coming out for it, that was untill i read a comment complaining about it only being available if you got one of those thousand dollar cell phones which you can play games on, i've always hated handhelds so i've never had any use for one but now they're making it a requirement if you want dlc??? wtf is up with this and why aren't more people pissed about it??? i happen to love my phone and not about to just give it up so i can upgrade to one of the thousand dollar one's just so i can spend even more money to buy dlc for my games! this is shit for the birds! why are they doing this??? dlc is ridiculous enough as it is but now you're telling me that unless i want every game i buy to be just HALF a game i have no choice but to come off a thousand or more just to buy a pos phone!? starting to think i should just give up gaming now and find a new hobby, seriously is it even worth it anymore?

Array

Re: DLC now requiring phones? WTF!!?? "minor rant"

Ok, several things wrong here. First, you didn't do any research into this topic at all. I know I'm "new" but I don't care for forums and only post once in a blue moon, anywhere. Second, you believed a comment that was made somewhere else and didn't verify what was said was indeed true. Third, games requiring DLC purchases are fine and are pretty much how they continue making money from a project after the initial sale.

Now that I've said that, here's the truth about the situation.
    Scorpion
    Tournament Scorpion: Unlocked in the Krypt, Kaverns of Doom area, OR bought in the Spider Gem Hold area (5, 28).
    Hanzo Hasashi Scorpion: Unlocked by beating Chapter 10 of the Story Mode.
    Injustice Scorpion: Unlocked by beating 100 ladders on the mobile version.
    Now if you look at it, the mobile companion app for any game is (usually) free. It's there to be an ad for the game or to get you to engage in the game more so you want to buy the DLC or the next game or whatever they come up with to generate revenue. So, the comment that you read was basically complaining about how they have a crappy phone and only the good ones can handle the mobile game for the duration that is needed to "beat 100 ladders" in the companion app. There are absolutely no requirement to buy a new phone, nor is there a paywall to complete said objective.

And the reason no one else is getting mad is because they either don't care about needing a good phone because they have one, or they don't care about having a good phone because they don't want to pay for one. If you're that concerned with paying for a new phone, chances are you would fall under the latter of the two, but since you read a comment on a video, you decided to fly off the handle about it without fact checking them. I read your entire post and yes, I think you should give up gaming because you can't take the obvious extra time you've got to see what is necessary for your "tipping point" when considering a game. Personally, I'd get a game based on the series, the creators, the story, the multiplayer, but I would never consider paying $60 for one custom skin that is easily obtainable. I don't blame you for not wanting to pay $1000, but you do need to take what other people say with a grain of salt before making a rant on the subject. Also, you wouldn't be buying a "pos phone" you'd be buying a top of the line phone since most phones retail at $600 these days.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by NaRu7o View Post
    Ok, several things wrong here. First, you didn't do any research into this topic at all. I know I'm "new" but I don't care for forums and only post once in a blue moon, anywhere. Second, you believed a comment that was made somewhere else and didn't verify what was said was indeed true. Third, games requiring DLC purchases are fine and are pretty much how they continue making money from a project after the initial sale.

Now that I've said that, here's the truth about the situation.

Now if you look at it, the mobile companion app for any game is (usually) free. It's there to be an ad for the game or to get you to engage in the game more so you want to buy the DLC or the next game or whatever they come up with to generate revenue. So, the comment that you read was basically complaining about how they have a crappy phone and only the good ones can handle the mobile game for the duration that is needed to "beat 100 ladders" in the companion app. There are absolutely no requirement to buy a new phone, nor is there a paywall to complete said objective.

And the reason no one else is getting mad is because they either don't care about needing a good phone because they have one, or they don't care about having a good phone because they don't want to pay for one. If you're that concerned with paying for a new phone, chances are you would fall under the latter of the two, but since you read a comment on a video, you decided to fly off the handle about it without fact checking them. I read your entire post and yes, I think you should give up gaming because you can't take the obvious extra time you've got to see what is necessary for your "tipping point" when considering a game. Personally, I'd get a game based on the series, the creators, the story, the multiplayer, but I would never consider paying $60 for one custom skin that is easily obtainable. I don't blame you for not wanting to pay $1000, but you do need to take what other people say with a grain of salt before making a rant on the subject. Also, you wouldn't be buying a "pos phone" you'd be buying a top of the line phone since most phones retail at $600 these days.
    wow... you are one hell of a selfish rich asshole, i've been a member of this site for over 3 years now and NEVER once have i received such a rude response.
    1. i have bad migrains, not that its any of your business but this is one of the main reasons i hate handheld games.
    2. screw online multiplayer! i wish to everything holy people like you could understand that A: there is more to gaming than just online multiplayer, B: NOT ALL OF US LIKE ONLINE MULTI! in fact some of us down right DESPISE it! some "like myself" prefer either playing with friends IN THE SAME ROOM, NOT with some stranger over the internet, or playing sp, online multi has never been my thing, and believe me i've tried to make myself like it, i just can't, its repetitive, pointless, and just.. boring.
    3. some of us have bills to pay and can't afford to go out and buy some huge top of the line phone which likely costs at the very least 700$ "obviously if it can handle next gen games it will be highly expensive"
    4. i happen to like my phone and even if i could afford to drop an insane amount of money just so i can buy dlc i shouldn't have to do that, nobody should.
    5. lighten up! my goodness m8, its not like i went berzerk, i just hate the fact this is where gaming is headed cause its not fair for anybody to need some totally different super expensive off the wall product just to buy dlc.
    7. anyone who isn't just a little annoyed by this is either too dumb to realize its a huge ripoff and/or doesn't think its wrong for a company to make you jump through crazy hoops of all manner of bs just to purchase something which should only require the game itself and some online creds, NOT a freakin phone.
    not sure why you got all emo about this, one would think you disagreed just for the sake of disagreeing. lol

EDIT- also its apparent that games which would do this obviously have some kind of deal with phone companies, which is just outrageously wrong! but that's a whole new other subject to bitch about.
    Last edited by ShangTsung; 11-16-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Inactive Member
    Array

I can't think of any phones that cost $1000

Haven Donator
    360HAVEN

Array

Quote Originally Posted by gomemod View Post
    I can't think of any phones that cost $1000
    Same here. Not sure where he's getting that from.

Android for life!
    Downloads : 18 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5030 || Posts : 336 || Thanks : 133 || Thanked 83 Times in 34 Posts

"Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut." -jleemero (Kodewerx)

Remember to take it sleazy and stay epic!

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimarok View Post
    Same here. Not sure where he's getting that from.

Android for life!
    it was really just a figure of speech, what i basically meant was that its messed up that there is now certain dlc with which require you buying a brand new "very possibly very expensive" phone if you want to obtain it, that's just not right imo.