Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I Am super Cool
    Philymaster

Array

MGS: Peace Walker - SecFixer

MGS: Peace Walker - SecFixer

Screenshot:

How to use:
    1) Run the editor, click on "DECRYPT" and open your MGS PW save (??_00000000.000).
    2) In the same directory is a new file "MGSPeaceWalker.dec".
    3) Hex edit them with a hex editor.
    4) Open the editor again and click on "ENCRYPT". The file and the STFS container must be in the same directory.
    5) The STFS is updated, rehashed & resigned and ready to use. Have fun!

Additional:
    Will update the tool soon, because the code is still very ugly lol.
    Let me know if you have problems, so I can fix them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Philymaster For This Useful Post:

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

Re: MGS: Peace Walker - SecFixer

Philymaster is too OP please nerf lol

RETRO
    Gamer

Array
    Twitter: @

this man is on a roll, god job Philymaster
    Downloads : 107 || Uploads : 38 || Rep Power : 17080 || Posts : 12,545 || Thanks : 1,039 || Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,322 Posts

Haven Donator
    360HAVEN

Array

Thank you!!! You are very talented and impressive.

I've been waiting for this all my life and it's finally here!

You are about to increase my fun with the game ten fold. Already beat it legit, so now I want to go back and own the shit out of it. Such a great game!
    Downloads : 18 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5056 || Posts : 336 || Thanks : 133 || Thanked 83 Times in 34 Posts

"Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut." -jleemero (Kodewerx)

Remember to take it sleazy and stay epic!

Haven's Warrior lv10
    rghjtagpro

Array

Appreciate the hard work but you know dam hell 90% of the people here won't understand what the tool does and how to use it because to lazy and use to have everything made for them the other don't even know how to extract a save that why horizon is getting rich charging people for editors that just ridiculous most be BFF Microsoft all they want your money lol

Anyway awesome tool as always my friend keep them coming please
    Downloads : 41 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5332 || Posts : 529 || Thanks : 252 || Thanked 690 Times in 148 Posts

Haven Donator
    360HAVEN

Array

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    Appreciate the hard work but you know dam hell 90% of the people here won't understand what the tool does and how to use it because to lazy and use to have everything made for them the other don't even know how to extract a save that why horizon is getting rich charging people for editors that just ridiculous most be BFF Microsoft all they want your money lol

I know you were referring to other people, but I do at least understand what it's for and what it does. Even then, there is nothing wrong with people making or using save editors.

Either way, Philymaster has opened a major door for me to be able to hex edit the save myself and have the fun I always wanted to with this game after beating it clean.

Although since I am playing other games right now, I will probably wait until he updates the tool as he mentioned.
    Downloads : 18 || Uploads : 2 || Rep Power : 5056 || Posts : 336 || Thanks : 133 || Thanked 83 Times in 34 Posts

"Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to shit on a lawnmower to be an astronaut." -jleemero (Kodewerx)

Remember to take it sleazy and stay epic!

I Am super Cool
    Philymaster

Array

Thank you all for positive replies. :)

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post

I know, but my security fixers and the security archive as well aren't meant to be for wannabe-modders. These wannabe-modders are for me people, that can't even hex edit the easiest saves nor have basic computer science knowledge (endian and number systems for example) and just use tools to feel like a modder. lol

Also to be honest, I don't care about how many people use my work, otherwise I would have never released editors for Resonance of Fate or Dead Rising. Both games are out for some years and no developer cared about them anymore. Like I expected the likes and thanks are very low, but my reasons for do it nonetheless are:

1. Make fans of the respective games with mods happy (Like Ultimarok with MGS).
    2. Encourage other developers to create editors with help of my stuff.
    3. Avoid "monopoly" for money-charger like Horizon and Modio. But I've the feeling both are dead by now. xD

But I get your point and I'm already working on an editor for the HD Collection, so everyone can mod it. Also I'm thankful that you always reply to my threads, that keeps me motivated. haha

Array

If only you could make an editor :P I am one of the lazy people. I could hex edit too but I don't even know what is the most important thing to edit in the game. Loved 2 and 3 but PW is entirely different and kinda boring. Don't even know if it has a story to begin with. Have it on my hard drive for 3 years now just occupying space -_- so the editor could make me or even other people give it a try. Thanks though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast