Re: Dead Island - Save editor

Quote Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
    can someone please mod my file? :) don't understand the steps. :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?753nb8hjq2bcyhs

all max please :3 (money, lvl and exp
    here you go http://www.mediafire.com/?pwbr5g650n044ff

statik11

Jappi, I found 2 points on the save file for the level, they both need to be modified or the save file will stay at the newest level. (hence why some people are saying that they can get to level 50 and then can't get back to a lower level) The first one is actually by the beginning of the save file. Right around the character's name. The second one is actually right before the actual xp hex. That's the way I've been able to boost up to level 50 and get more skill points and then come back to a level 30(real level) To the users, you do have to use your skill points before you revert back or you will lose them.(That's why I think they are connected to the actual leveling up and not just a number you can modify in the save)
    Also, just trying to figure out how to add more inventory space, and so far no luck. If I figure anything else out, I will let you know to make your tool better in a shorter period of time. :)

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

Quote Originally Posted by statik11 View Post
    Jappi, I found 2 points on the save file for the level, they both need to be modified or the save file will stay at the newest level. (hence why some people are saying that they can get to level 50 and then can't get back to a lower level) The first one is actually by the beginning of the save file. Right around the character's name. The second one is actually right before the actual xp hex. That's the way I've been able to boost up to level 50 and get more skill points and then come back to a level 30(real level) To the users, you do have to use your skill points before you revert back or you will lose them.(That's why I think they are connected to the actual leveling up and not just a number you can modify in the save)
    Also, just trying to figure out how to add more inventory space, and so far no luck. If I figure anything else out, I will let you know to make your tool better in a shorter period of time. :)
    oke thanks, will be fixed in the next update :)

you all keep reporting usefull things, and this editor will reach his top

Nice work everyone.

Edit : Going to bed. need to work tomorow.
    Hope to release the update later Tomorow.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jappi88 View Post
    fixed... Sorry for that, it was a older version...

in the next update you will be able to edit your items, and maybe more !
    please, send a link, in first post the old version continue...
    thx alot...

Array

Yea I was finally able to revert back down by hex editing the save0~ file myself in HxD.

After I edited it to the max level and xp and used up all the skill upgrades, what I tried was editing it back down to level 17 (and previous xp level as well), and then go into the game and save my progress. Then I edited the save back up to level 50, and entered the game hoping to get more skill upgrades, but unfortunately that is not the case.

I'm going to try and compare some files, to see what changes are made besides xp and the current level to see if I can edit the skill upgrades. But who knows if it's even possible.

kaze

Where did you find the the offset for the level I cant find it anywere with HxD Im trying to drop my level back down.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by kaze View Post
    Where did you find the the offset for the level I cant find it anywere with HxD Im trying to drop my level back down.
    I edited my level and xp with Jappi88's editor first, since I'm not sure what the other level offset he changes with his editor, then I go in with HxD and edit the level at offset 'B29'. It should be right before the XP hex value, if yours offset is not the same, it should be near there.

XKuronosX

Nice, Cant wait to Play this, After I host my stores midnight launch tomorrow I will be coming home to play, I think I'm going to run with cash from this editor unless you can get a weapon editor kinda like Willow tree going for this game =P