360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Infinite Undiscovery Hex Edit Tutorial [Updated: 10/04/2011]
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

grin Infinite Undiscovery Hex Edit Tutorial [Updated: 10/04/2011]

NOTE - I WILL UPDATE THIS POST PERIODICALLY, SO CHECK BACK EVERY NOW AND THEN. UPDATED ITEMS WILL BE MARKED ACCORDINGLY, AS WELL AS NOTED IN THE THREAD TITLE. ALSO, BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING HERE SO YOU DON'T MISS IMPORTANT DETAILS.

ALSO - ALL RESEARCH CAME FROM MY SAVE. THIS MAY OR MAY NOT ALL RELATE TO YOUR SAVE. TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO EDIT YOUR SAVE, JUST LET ME KNOW.

SPECIAL THANKS GO OUT TO CYBERSAM FOR HELP WITH THE RESEARCH.

This is a basic but VERY lengthy tutorial on how to hex edit/mod Infinite Undiscovery for the 360. Updates to this tutorial TBA when they develop.

Now, before we begin, there are a couple tidbits that you need to know.

Pre-Hex To-Do List:

*Before you do anything, write down any in-game values that you're gonna change, as they will help greatly with this process!
    *Download the Character Stats And Etc document with all the offset locations and mini-tutorial ->
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/nd9ixi...And%20Etc.docx [V. 2.6 - Updated - 10/04/2011]
    *Create a general, easily-accessible storage folder on your computer for items required for this process if you don't have one already
    *Download latest Modio [the preferred program] ->
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/inni09...odio%203.0.rar
    *Download latest Hex Workshop [w/ Hex Calculator and Base Converter] ->
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/oggkar...able%206.6.rar [V. 6.6 Portable - Updated - 10/04/2011]
    *Download latest Infinite Undiscovery Save Editor [w/ XeAlgo included] ->
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgdczs...e%20Editor.rar [V. 1.0 - Updated - 10/04/2011]
    *Download latest WinRAR to extract the required items ->
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cATAQ4HXZ1o
    *Back up your Infinite Undiscovery save before doing ANYTHING with it, either on another HDD/flash drive or somewhere on your computer

Currently, this tutorial explains how to do the following:

*Unlock all 18 characters [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
    *Adjust characters' primary/secondary party status [[Tested but yet to be confirmed, needs further research] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
    *Adjust each character's level [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
    *Adjust each character's amount of experience [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
    *Adjust each character's stats (HP, MP, AP, ATK, DEF, INT, AGL, HIT) [Tested but yet to be confirmed, needs further research] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
    *Adjust each character's amount of experience [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]
    *Modify each character's equipment [Tested but yet to be confirmed, needs further research (sometimes corrupts data)] [Updated: 10/04/2011]
    *Adjust amount of Fol [Tested but yet to be confirmed] [Updated: 10/01/2011]

IF SOMEONE COULD TEST THESE THEMSELVES FOR ME AND CONFIRM, THAT'D BE GREAT. :D

Possible updates in the near future:

*Unlock items/adjust amounts

Other desired updates - possibilities disclosed [require further study/testers/etc.]:

*Adjust each character's individual creation levels [writing, enchant, cooking, etc.] [Unknown] [Added: 9/24/2011]
    *Modify each character's status [healthy, poisoned, unseeing, etc.] [Unknown] [Added: 9/24/2011]
    *Unlock/max out usage [level 3] of all battle skills and magics [Unknown] [Added: 9/24/2011]
    *Have multiple parties always active [Unknown] [Added: 10/04/2011]
    *Have Gustav only take up 1 space in the party [Unknown] [Added: 10/04/2011]

IF SOMEONE COULD PITCH IN AND HELP ME OUT WITH THESE, THAT'D BE GREAT. :D

As this tutorial is updated, the new information is studied further to incorporate into the editor created by @cybersam. This tutorial serves as the basis to keep that information, as well as help others who wish to do this, until it is added to the editor.

Tutorial Temporarily Deleted Due To Timely Update
    Will Repost With Current Information Within The Next Couple Of Days
    Last edited by Kodalades; 10-04-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Update Info

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kodalades For This Useful Post:

Array

Re: Infinite Undiscovery Hex Edit Tutorial

Thank you !!!!!

Eternal Dragoon
    Rpg_Fan

Array

Awesome tutorail dude

Haven Donator
    Array

Thank you. :) I was bored and figured I'd work on it a little bit. Turned out to be working on it alot. If only I had the knowledge to turn this info into an editor. That would kick ass.

Unfortunately, I'm not that skilled. Hex editing is the best I get at modding. :P And it's still a work in progress.

And you're welcome, mayne. Be sure to check back periodically. I've updated it like 30 times already in the past hour because I'm quickly discovering more and more. :D

The Immortal God
    Rpg_Fan

Array
    Twitter: @

A very awesome tutorial indeed, great job Kodalades :)
    Downloads : 157 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 24470 || Posts : 18,751 || Thanks : 4,451 || Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,607 Posts

Haven Donator
    Array

Thank you, Cloud. :D

So I'm assuming this works for others besides myself? -Hopeful face.-

Dead
    SatsuinoHado

Array

Really good tutorial excellent for those who need help with this game good job

Array

dude fantastic tut. if you need saves to study i can provide them unmodded of course, i have the game so i can work on making a saveset for to research if you need it. just let me know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast