Nice work on the editor, I'm still checking some stuff out

But if you search for your Active weapon value, it'll be the one before the inventory, a few bytes down you'll see 7? value, depending on what case you have if you change it to 7F, it'll give you the full XL case. But here is the gist of what I've found so far. so the way items work.

the handgun will at first be usually: "23 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 38 00 06 05 00 00" or something similar.

For simplicity, let's say: "gg gg hh hh jj jj kk kk mm mm pp pp rr rr" is a sort of generic item.

'gg gg' is the item modifier. its value determines what item exists.

'hh hh' defines the amount - most often seen with ammo, regular items will use '01 00' unless its a weapon then it defines the tuning IE for chiago typewrite to infinite set to 6666, They go in order each bit, firepower, firing speed, and reload speed, and capacity. 6 is the max value

'jj jj' from what i've seen is the ammo on the xbox for weapons, though the values are off somewhat

'kk kk' not sure

'mm mm' not sure

'pp pp' i believe defines position of the item in the case. somewhat tricky...

and finally, 'rr rr' i believe has to do with the orientation, more in a bit.

A weapon's upgrade level can be hacked following some guidelines...
assuming: "k1k2 k3k4"
k1 is firing speed
k2 is firepower
k3 is capacity
k4 is reload speed

positioning: in the case, (0,0) - the origin - is the top-left-most square.
assuming: "pp1 pp2"
pp1= (width of the item - 1) + 2x
pp2= (height of the item - 1) + 2y
may be revesered
given "0C 07" then, we could assert that the item's top-left-most square is 5 over, and 3 down.

'rr rr' is usually only ever (in decimal): theses value not be right
256 - original orientation
257 - 90* clockwise
258 - 180* cw
259 - 270* cw
260 - flipped original
261 - flipped 90* cw
262 - flipped 180* cw
263 - flipped 270* cw

Also Supremesis, I hexed your save this morning for slot 2 and it corrupted so I'm gonna have to mess with it some more on my dummy profile to figure it out