360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only! - Page 26
Register
Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031365176 ... LastLast
    Haven Donator
    Array

Re: Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only!

There is no "set" order for items in the inventory. It's a first come first server basis. what does stay the the same is the structure. it's static

KIDLING

Last edited by KIDLING; 11-27-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Advertiser
    modder

Array

Quote Originally Posted by KIDLING View Post
    now i think everything is really ok, i added every shard(upgrade) and set it to 99, and 99 humanity and 99 twin humanity, and 99 large soul of hero. So that its a good "twink" char. Here is my save: pyromancer level 1

if anyone need i can mod a save for testing. But i was playing with mine for 3 hours, lit a lot of bonfires without errors.

now i want to request posting IDs in full format string: i need the 16 chars of string to create a save editor to add/replace items.

example: Titanite
    400000000000046A0000006300033067010000000000000000 000000

dont post only 400000000000046A

Thank you. With a full list its a matter of days to do a working 100% save editor
    If I'm not mistaken the rest of the data is in regards to inventory position which would cause all kinds of problems with the save editor...You should be working with the item and location separately not combining them

KIDLING

Last edited by KIDLING; 11-27-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Advertiser
    modder

Array

with this in mind the only viable option in doing what you asked would be to create a pre-modded save with all the items already in inventory, in which case you'd still have to go through and modify every variable indicating the position and order it was obtained...seems like a lot of work when its already simple enough to just mod in an item you need. plus with a premade save with every item in the game you tend to take away from the actual gameplay...just doesn't make much sense to play through an RPG with the same armor/weapon the entire game because its "the best"

Haven Donator
    Array

well i hit an odd snag with my structure. It seems that between two saves there is one spot that has slightly more data than the other. The odd thing is that i cant seem to find any kind of pointer as to length of the data. Between the two i see two values that decrease by too yet it's the one with the extra data added.

NeoRizer

Yeah I stopped injecting the USER_DATA0a ...that seemed to work...also you're right, you need to load your file after it's been injected in to a fresh file then quickly save and quit and re-load it again otherwise corruption will occur....either that or I just got lucky in the past 10 minutes. I beat Moonlight Butterfly and saved right after, no corruption...which seemed to be what was trigger my corruption off initially. The problem is now I'm SOOOO fucking paranoid about corruption every time I beat a boss I collect their treasure or whatever, then save, quit and go on my computer and back my USER_DATA file up. Whatever, I'm happy it's working but I doubt I'll be editing my save file again...at least not until the very end of the game when I find better crafting materials to use.

I've been playing online (but I took my character off the leader boards at the start of the game) because I knew I would be cheating. Some retard in 2nd place in the book of the guilty has all his stats maxed on Slvl 35 with 65535 HP...fucking loser man. But he does have as sweet as death knight armor on, I've fought those guys and they're fucking nuts but I wish I had that armor...looks sweet. Not sure where he found it but if it's in New Londo Ruins, I must have missed it or something. Right now I'm using Havel's full set with Havel's Ring with the Lightning Spear and I must say, it rapes the shit outta this game pretty hard... I beat Four Kings with zero trouble with it.

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Don't worry the paranoia goes away in time, eventually you'll just back it up after the day is done and youll only pull a trollface when it loads properly, like i do.

Based on recent posts im going to modify my app a little, screw updating bookmarks thats now a side feature, its all about search and modify baby!
    Your simply going to love the theme of the app, its... firm and perky >:)