360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only! - Page 71
Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 214661666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
    LSDnD

Re: Dark Souls Modding Discussion Only!

I totally thought that maybe I was putting the unedited file back on to the memory stick which would have explained everything and I probably would have slapped myself. But that's not the case, I did this about 5 times and made sure every time.

I am turning chain helms in to items I don't already have so that base is covered. And every time, The items are neither in my bottomless box, or inventory.

The chain helms I am altering are in my inventory, not my bottomless box.

I am completely baffled, I really am. The changes disapear, and it doesn't matter what section of the con I edit the load works fine, no errors, no corruption, but also no changes. I mean believe me I'm not really new to this kind of work, I totally thought of what you mentioned. It just seems like at some point in the game, it ceased letting me change anything, but kept on working too. I am so confused.

Array

Firts page: 00000180 - Peculiar Doll

jimshooter

Is there a way to mod the following stats:

Poise
    Bleed Resist
    Curse Resist
    Equip Load

Andez1986

i am using the dark souls editor by Jappi88, i have modded my save to max stats, but i dont understand about the key tab? and the object id underneath it? does this add to my inventory or not?

i just asked for help on the hex editing side of this, [request + inquiry] dark souls thread, please help
    Last edited by Andez1986; 10-27-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by mk_ln View Post
    as i mentioned in my post, i have pretty much used a combination of methods described in this thread; i was not discrediting anyone if that is what you have thought my intention was. rather, my post was aimed to assist those that have tried other methods but ended up with a corrupt/unreadable file and/or have the USER_DATA file deleted....which seems to only happen with the shrunken files.

also, iirc, IdleHands' method was to copy over everything except the checksum in USER_DATA and paste it over into the DRAK file; my method copies only item modified values. my reason for doing so may have actually been only because of an error on my part, but i recall the data not matching byte for byte in each of their respective positions; there seemed to be some extra data in one of the files which is the reason I couldn't just do a copy all from USER_DATA and paste it into the DRAK file.
    Ah, I must have misread IdleHands when he said to copy and paste everything, I think I just do what you have listed. I will have to try out your hash program as well. Horizon has worked well, but I keep finding that after a few hours, my userdata keeps disappearing.

alefus

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel621 View Post
    I do apologize for breaking topic. But, if you want items for the game but don't know how to Hex Edit please go to my thread and post there. Let's let these guys work in peace.

http://www.360haven.com/forums/showt...y-to-Get-Items
    Quote Originally Posted by Andez1986 View Post
    i am using the dark souls editor by Jappi88, i have modded my save to max stats, but i dont understand about the key tab? and the object id underneath it? does this add to my inventory or not?
    Yes. I figured it out after several tries and after reading some hints from someone involved in this topic, unfortunately I can't be arsed to look for it now so just props to that guy/girl =]
    Anyways, in the Key field you insert the key id which you have in your inventory and want to be replaced with this new item of your choosing. Relax, the key will not vanish it's just a way to add items. In the item id field you insert the id of the item you want to get, also its ammount. So it would be like this for getting Titanite Chunk x99 in exchange for Residence Key

Key: 40000000000007E5
    ID: 00000406
    Ammount: 99

You hit save, wait, upload to the pendrive and you're done. For some weird reason the save will corrupt if you exchange for certain items. I don't know what is the link between them all but my guess would be the accessibility of certain items in the game. The way I think this works is that you can only get 3 Titanite Slabs per playthrough, at least that's what I've heard, and getting more than that results in a corrupted save. Same goes for Demon Titanite and coloured Titanite Slabs but I only get this conclusion by the fact that I was unable to get 99x of these items by adding them in the editor. Each save resulted in corruption.

Also, my save just got the 'won't save ever again' bug :< I have to revert to previous save it seems, I hope it'll work and it has only glitched like an edit or two ago, not twelve :x

Wisdom Sold Seperately

Array

Evening all, please have a play about with this alpha (kinda) build of the app i wouldve finished if i wasn't so godamn lazy.
    The point again, is to provide assistance in copying ids by slecting an id and the id will be copied to your clipboard for immediate pasting, as loyal as a calculator with half the features of one.
    The ids are the ones from the first page and as such they aren't the entire string because that will all have to be manually repaired to make sense ever again.

The first page is complete (more or less) but the addition section only supports catalyst and items right now, recommend you just open the damn database in access or something for now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 8Ball For This Useful Post:

Array
    Twitter: @

Quote Originally Posted by alefus View Post
    For some weird reason the save will corrupt if you exchange for certain items. I don't know what is the link between them all but my guess would be the accessibility of certain items in the game. The way I think this works is that you can only get 3 Titanite Slabs per playthrough, at least that's what I've heard, and getting more than that results in a corrupted save. Same goes for Demon Titanite and coloured Titanite Slabs but I only get this conclusion by the fact that I was unable to get 99x of these items by adding them in the editor. Each save resulted in corruption.
    I've edited in 99 of every upgrade item, including slabs, and my save is fine.

IMHO, saves get corrupted when someone doesn't edit the save correctly, i.e., editing in items in the wrong section, not properly calculating and pasting in new checksum, trying to inject USER_DATA into DRAK0005 con file, etc. It could also occur (corruption) by not having the full, complete inventory location sequence** for each item but I haven't confirmed this.

**After the ID and quantity of each item is a sequence of numbers/letters that indicates the inventory location, e.g., FF0AAD04201, FF0AAD04301, etc. The "FF0AAD" is not a constant, this sequence appears to be completely random. It could be you need the entire sequence, not just 00000004201, 00000004301, 00000004401, etc. in order for the save to not corrupt but as I said, I haven't confirmed this.