360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
[Release] Snuggly the Barter - Dark Souls Savegame Editor - Page 28
Page 28 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3182324252627282930313233385378103128 ... LastLast
    Zstan

re: Snuggly the Barter - Dark Souls Savegame Editor

Thanks OP, you've managed to make me rage harder than I ever have at a video game.
    Your program corrupted my save, the save that I was about to fight the bosses at Anor Londo on.

It's probably my fault for not making a backup, but still, fix your program.

spartan62893

works like a charm

mk_ln

Quote Originally Posted by spartan62893 View Post
    works like a charm
    it does, but just make sure that all edits are done on a save where you have not died or have already picked up your Humanity and Souls (i've referred to it as a corpse, but it's marked by green light where you last died) if you have died. i.e. make sure you do not die twice consecutively without having picked up your previous death's remainings (green light/corpse)

spartan62893

Yep, that's what I did

POLLO231

Thanks for the tip mk_ln!
    No wonder my save got corrupted on a previously used gamesave.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vicious350z View Post
    Did you use Modio or Horizon?
    I used modio forgot to mention that.

Also for those who haven't seen my previous post, I'm gonna try and re-post a way more specific way on how my save works.

*I don't know if some of these steps matter but its exactly what I did and my save works perfectly so meh.*
    *Also I do not have the title update for this game as I've never gone online*

1. Made a sorcerer, started the game.
    2. Killed the boss first try and got his axe.
    3. Made it through the tutorial, died a couple a times while doing so.
    4. Made it to the main starting camp the crow takes you to.
    5. Made a point to do all the dialogue options with the guy at the fire as a hollow and then picked up the humanity and talked to him again as a human.
    5. a. Made another point to use some of my souls from the tutorial to level up once and put one point in vit.
    6. Pressed start and went to quit game.
    7. Dashboard, move game to usb, load usb to computer using usbxtaf.
    8. Opened up Snuggly the Barter.
    9. Opened up my save and edited my souls to like 500,000,000.
    10. Edited my health to 9999 and stamina to 9999, later I realized I forgot to change the out of / to 9999, like this (9999/9999 <-I did not do this I did 9999/456 or whatever my health actually was)
    11. Changed every single stat to 99 including humanity, never edited my level so still at 4 or 5.
    12. Saved it then quit the editor and loaded up the save in modio and just hit rehash/resign a couple times just to be sure and then quit that.
    13. Loaded everything back up blablba started game back everything works perfect no corruption, 2 days playing with several turns off and on of the xbox and several more saving in dark souls, no corruption whatsoever.

Hope this helps guys. :)

XaN17

anyone find what causes the corruption yet? my save in anor lando corrupted this morning then another one failed to load for no apparent reason so i started a new save and now i cant even edit a brand new save with it, im out of the asylum in firelink shrine and it just keeps corrupting for no reason... would much appreciate any insight into this so i can try to mod my new save and hopefully avoid a save corrupting half way through again

clownboat

Quote Originally Posted by XaN17 View Post
    anyone find what causes the corruption yet? my save in anor lando corrupted this morning then another one failed to load for no apparent reason so i started a new save and now i cant even edit a brand new save with it, im out of the asylum in firelink shrine and it just keeps corrupting for no reason... would much appreciate any insight into this so i can try to mod my new save and hopefully avoid a save corrupting half way through again
    In the [REQUEST + INQUIRY] Dark Souls thread, there was a lot of talk about how weird the save file is. If I had to guess I'd say it has to do with the way the game keeps "old" versions of some of the values, if I remember correctly. I might be getting this totally wrong, I don't know the first thing about hex editing and I'm just going by what I remember seeing while I skimmed through the thread.

The one time it worked for me, I didn't die at all, I got through the tutorial, and I quit the game exactly one time after resting at the first non-tutorial bonfire before I edited my save. Try that out, hope it helps.