360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Forza 4 Modding Tool - Page 5
Register
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Array

Re: Forza 4 Modding Tool

It's working great, thanks!

One little feature request if you have the time:
    Modding your affinity level for a manufacturer would be great, since getting to 50 pretty much limits you to use a car of the same manufacturer for the whole game :(

sh042067

I have released an update to the application. Version 1.0.2.0.

Make sure to check out the main post for the download link and pictures.

Change Log:

Version 1.0.0.0
    • Initial release.

Version 1.0.2.0
    • Updated with more things to mod from "My Stats". (Added sections such as General, Time, and Records).
    • Obviously a new GUI with the new features that were added.
    • Put a tool to decrypt/encrypt saves. (File -> Tools)
    • Reduced file size from 39.55 MB to 2.05 MB.
    • The open dialog now supports drag and drop into the the textbox's.
    • Added things for error handling, so I can see where errors are coming from, and attempt to fix them.

masterchief07

I posted this over at XBOXMB as well, but I figured it could help here too regarding the bans. It may, in fact, be how they are detecting modded credits, though, I am purely speculating.

• If you add credits, the amount added should also be added to the amount earned.
    • An option to edit the amount earned and the amount spent, the latter if possible.

I am assuming that is how they are banning profiles. By calculating the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in relation to the amount of credits you currently have. If there were options so that we could make these values properly balance, that may be VERY helpful in avoiding a ban.

#### This is a follow up to the above post ####

Just to clarify, would you happen to know if the spent credits are stored in the save? I am assuming they should be based on what was mentioned before. Regardless, the reason I ask is because I do not remember the value before I had modded the save, hence, I would never be able to equalize the spent/earned/current amounts to make them appear legitimate. For my sake and the sake of others, I am hoping it is.

sh042067

Quote Originally Posted by masterchief07 View Post
    I posted this over at XBOXMB as well, but I figured it could help here too regarding the bans. It may, in fact, be how they are detecting modded credits, though, I am purely speculating.
    Yeah, I actually saw that on XboxMB. Maybe in the next update, I will make a feature that will make it possible once you've typed in all that stuff.

masterchief07

Fair enough. One last question though. From what you've seen, have you noticed any values that resemble spent credits, or something similar? If not, no worries. I am digging around myself in a Hex editor. If I do find something, I'll let you know, though, I am sure you are well ahead of me.

Developer

Array

As I have stated many times to the whining kids who got careless on over-editing their Forza 4 save and got banned over at XboxMB (This is just to give members here a heads up, in case some of you haven't seen it) -- It is undetermined how they can exactly tell you edited your save, via automated flagging system or what have you.

However just like in Forza 3 when alot of kids went and cried on the Turn 10 forums making bogus excuses, it was revealed that they CAN in-fact look at your stats, overall winnings, garage value, current Credits, XP from races, etc..
    and if it didn't add up, then you got the ban.

So I'm pretty damn sure its very similar this time around, if you were banned on Forza 3, and you transfer your save over, the ban will NOT carry over. Look at it as if Turn 10 was giving all who were banned on 3 a second chance at redemption. Those who complained about being banned after they transferred their Forza 3 save, in fact did edit their Forza 4 save and was banned soon after.

So I would go as far as to say, don't edit this if you plan on going online OR if you are going to edit, make SURE EVERYTHING adds up from whatever you edit. You want to add 500,000 cr, make sure you edit your stats appropriately to show that you somehow gained that 500,000cr (with the appropriate XP) legitimately. (There is no guaranty that you will not be banned if doing this since no one is completely sure how they are figuring it out, but it is THE safest route besides not editing)

I hope that clears some things up.
    Downloads : 75 || Uploads : 25 || Rep Power : 5853 || Posts : 735 || Thanks : 263 || Thanked 999 Times in 227 Posts

stoney boy
    Quote Originally Posted by sh042067 View Post
    I would lend you whatever you wanted, but I don't own the game. Only for my Jtag :(

Anyway, if you get your hands on a computer and you can't download the program, just send me your save and I'll do it for you.
    Thank you for all the help. You really went above and beyond. It works great now im a rich man.

naddel81

I just figured out how to mod my forza 4 profile using mojobojo's great de/encryption built in in his newest Forza 4 modder 1.0.2.0! THANKS SO MUCH!
    With the standard horizon tool I could extract and later inject the modded file without a notch!

But there are 2 things I'd still like to know from you pro's:

1. Why is Modio so hated in the scene?

2. How to decrypt the photos made in Forza 4? I can get them extracted, but I cannot open them in Photoshop (i.e.).

Best wishes!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast