360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Forza 4 Modding Tool - Page 6
Register
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Developer

Array

Re: Forza 4 Modding Tool

Quote Originally Posted by naddel81 View Post
    I just figured out how to mod my forza 4 profile using mojobojo's great de/encryption built in in his newest Forza 4 modder 1.0.2.0! THANKS SO MUCH!
    With the standard horizon tool I could extract and later inject the modded file without a notch!

But there are 2 things I'd still like to know from you pro's:

1. Why is Modio so hated in the scene?

2. How to decrypt the photos made in Forza 4? I can get them extracted, but I cannot open them in Photoshop (i.e.).

Best wishes!
    1. Mainly because it corrupts more saves then it fixes. MOST IMPORTANTLY, sensitive saves, like the "Warriors" games for example (that and you have alot of n00bs running their mouths thinking they know hot-sh$* until someone who actually knows something, puts them in their place) Don't get me wrong, there are great staff members there that try to make the community great, you just have those disrespectful n00bs that out number the staff.
    However, Never use Modio when it comes to rehashing/resigning.

That is the main problem why people saves get corrupted when using someone's editor you get the kids that whine,"h3lp m3! I us3d y0ur 3dit0r and I r3ha$hed and r3sign3d using M0dio!! Y0ur 3dit0r c0rrupted mah $av3!!!"

In a nutshull, alot of us pros are tried of hearing kid bit&* and complain how our editors are corrupting their saves when it is in-fact modio, then they deny it, disrespect you, and completely ignore you like modio is the greatest thing that walked on earth (because that's all they know since they think they know everything)

2. Not as of yet. I've heard unknown_v2 is working on it however.

**lol sorry, had a little bent up vent that I had to get out....been recently coming across those "kids" that PM me sh*t like that. Felt good to vent that.

lol Let that be a lesson to you Modio-kids.
    Don't listen to me, you get no sympathy from me :D (as if they'll start listening now) LMFAO

I hope that answers your questions. ;D
    (keep in mind, #1 are my views about that, some might agree some might now OR have other reasons)
    Downloads : 75 || Uploads : 25 || Rep Power : 5853 || Posts : 735 || Thanks : 263 || Thanked 999 Times in 227 Posts

naddel81

@ slyfuldragon: thanks for clearing that up. but why keep noobs using modio if it's good for nothing? why not use horizon?

I had to learn that the hard way (corrupting several saves and figuring that out took me hours and 2 sleepless nights).

btw: can Turn 10 still figure out you modded your save even when you successfully encrypted it again?

Developer

Array

@ slyfuldragon: thanks for clearing that up. but why keep noobs using modio if it's good for nothing? why not use horizon?
    Horizon and/or 360 Revolution would more then do the trick. Those Don't corrupt any saves. (same with CONcept 3.0)
    n00bs and trolls alike, will not listen (unless they choose to) you can't help someone that doesnt want to be helped. lol

I Like I always say, you are not a n00b until you start listening to those who are willing to share the knowledge that they have. (That or you start asking questions that you are willing to take advise from)

btw: can Turn 10 still figure out you modded your save even when you successfully encrypted it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfuldragon View Post
    Just like in Forza 3 when alot of kids went and cried on the Turn 10 forums making bogus excuses, it was revealed that they CAN in-fact look at your stats, overall winnings, garage value, current Credits, XP from races, etc..
    and if it didn't add up, then you got the ban.

So I would go as far as to say, don't edit this if you plan on going online OR if you are going to edit, make SURE EVERYTHING adds up from whatever you edit. You want to add 500,000 cr, make sure you edit your stats appropriately to show that you somehow gained that 500,000cr (with the appropriate XP) legitimately. (There is no guaranty that you will not be banned if doing this since no one is completely sure how they are figuring it out, but it is THE safest route besides not editing)
    Hope that helps. :)
    Downloads : 75 || Uploads : 25 || Rep Power : 5853 || Posts : 735 || Thanks : 263 || Thanked 999 Times in 227 Posts

naddel81

yes, that helped, thanks!

masterchief07

Again, posted this over at XBOXMB too, but figured why not for here as well. I would have noticed this sooner had I not accidentally loaded the encrypted save over the decrypted. Literally took 2 seconds to search the value. :P

Okay, so, like I am sure you already know, the Credits Spent are tracked. It was simply satisfying to see this value as it will definitely help to keep values balanced:

Edit: On a side note, I am working with an un-modded save.

qPaws

I'm sure you've gotten this before, but I couldn't seem to find it in this topic. I made an account just to address this but... When I do everything, I know how to mod stuff with mod tools; I do it all the time. But when I physically get on Forza 4, where it says press A to start my game just freezes. I was wondering is this is normal and if someone could help?

masterchief07

Save could be corrupted. Try rehashing and resigning again, just to make sure. If not, start over with the backup you hopefully created...

qPaws

Quote Originally Posted by masterchief07 View Post
    Save could be corrupted. Try rehashing and resigning again, just to make sure. If not, start over with the backup you hopefully created...
    Lol, no. I don't mind starting over. I'll just J-Tag it back to my other stats. Great tool, visually. I'll keep testing it. sho should make a full tut.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast