360haven works best with JavaScript enabled
Digital downloads now for sale at GameStop
Register
    VIP Member

Array

Digital downloads now for sale at GameStop

There's no stopping the outburst of digital downloads as an alternative means of purchasing games and other content. That's why retailers are making the smart move and joining this bandwagon. GameStop, for one, has already made the move, officially offering digital downloads for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PSP.

This has actually been cooking for quite some time now in the kitchens of GameStop - they just didn't go full throttle with it until now. With it going official and live today, however, video game fans can now have the option of making your purchases through your browsers, even without switching on your consoles.

For its debut run, the GameStop digital downloads section has about 70 Xbox 360 titles and 50 for the PS3. Of course, this is just their kickoff number, so expect this to expand in the coming months. Now, for you to go make that purchase happen, you just need a code to enter into your consoles. Check out the steps below:
    Last edited by jkipp82; 01-20-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6931 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Array
    Yeah bro ebgames(Gamestop) always had Digital Downloads that's how i buy all my computer games.

VIP Member

Array
    its for xbox and ps3 now never had that.
    Downloads : 7 || Uploads : 0 || Rep Power : 6931 || Posts : 1,940 || Thanks : 96 || Thanked 568 Times in 319 Posts

Array
    Ahhh yeah i saw wonder how that works lol mustbe gotta assign the downloads to the gamertag or something lol.

VIP Member

Array
    from my understanding its just like if you were to buy microsoft points through gamestop except the code you put in will get you the game or the add on or whatever you bought.

DEADBEEF

Array
    Yes I seen this months ago... You go in and buy a card for a game or add-on, then go on xbox.com or through marketplace and enter the code on the card just like MS points. From what I've seen it's probably still better to buy straight from the marketplace because you won't have to pay the extra taxes.... but I guess this is good for those who don't keep MS points or who don't have credit cards to use.

thedivinemonkey
    I read a while ago about linking your console, and tag with a gamestop account. I don't think this is about buying a card to download. They have been doing that for a while now. This may be the ability for them to punch what you want into their computer and have it show up on your download queue, which has it's benefits, especially with pre-order DLC. But, I don't know whether it's a good thing to give them the info they want on your gamertag. It would be very beneficial for them from a marketing standpoint to see what games you have played or play on a regular basis, to better target deals, or promotions towards you. I need to see how this will play out, before making any concrete decisions on this, though. Basically, I'm not liking the control that Gamestop has on the market.

VIP Member

Array
    the whole buy a card get the dlc was in test markets months ago this is probably the nationwide or worldwide release of it. just like the powerup rewards wasnt available everywhere until a few months ago but we had it in our area like a little over a year ago.