Register
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Haven Donator
    modder

Array

Re: Batman Arkham City Compression Toolkit

Quote Originally Posted by gawl View Post
    I don't think so, not unless I'm level 75:
    Ok good to know I probably was wrong lol. Just used compare in hex workshop and it seemed to match my level each time I looked after leveling up and comparing to the previous saves. If anyone can help with the locations of anything please post your answers so we can actually test these when Fairchild fixes the compression tool.
    Thanks fairchild for all your work!

Fairchild here is my extracted save non edited. Would you try the same thing with my save so I can test.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mr5c9u43zb7eu76
    Last edited by Skullkeeper; 10-18-2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Added Save file

One Hit Wonder
    Array

The XP is at the bottom of the 2nd decompressed file and is a float. The values are consistent across multiple save but the offsets are dynamic as the file continuously changes size as more riddler triophies and upgrades are acquired.

This is how it arranged when the save has an upgrade available appear to have 4 different values:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Upgrade avil.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	3519

And this is when current xp mid level only 2 values:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no upg avail.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	3520

Hope this helps somebody, I have not tested changing the values as everytime I have tried to compress, inject and test i get a fatal crash when loading.

Reverse Engineer

Array

Spent the night reversing the xex and now i know why the game fails to load the recompressed savegames, will fix this if i survive the day at the office, only 4 hours of sleep sucks.

@Skullkeeper: I have decompressed and recompressed your last savegame without making any changes, hopefully all issues should be solved now (fingers crossed). Attached the recompressed file: skullkeeper_recompressed_only.rar

Edit: Compression now works 100%, release real soon!
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5329 || Posts : 211 || Thanks : 71 || Thanked 737 Times in 108 Posts

If you feel like donating some bit coins, please do so to address "1DNcjKhrVTGnKTyQYbjx8yTRoenTSySeoP", if you are interested in other projects visit www.chipit.se or www.baeckstrom.com, thanks!

Array

Quote Originally Posted by fairchild View Post
    Spent the night reversing the xex and now i know why the game fails to load the recompressed savegames, will fix this if i survive the day at the office, only 4 hours of sleep sucks.
    Thanks in advance!!! We all appreciate your hard work

bigfateric

Can I ask a really silly question. Where about is the save held. For every other game my save (using Xport360) has always been in

partion 3\content\user profile name\then the game. There is not a batman arkham city save there.

However under

partion 3\content\00000000000\ there is a batman arkham city folder. Within that there is a big long gobblydigook file name with a .data extension.
    Is this what I am supposed to use.

Thanks in advance

Program Engineer
    Jappi88

Array

Quote Originally Posted by bigfateric View Post
    Can I ask a really silly question. Where about is the save held. For every other game my save (using Xport360) has always been in

partion 3\content\user profile name\then the game. There is not a batman arkham city save there.

However under

partion 3\content\00000000000\ there is a batman arkham city folder. Within that there is a big long gobblydigook file name with a .data extension.
    Is this what I am supposed to use.

Thanks in advance
    no its not the file you should use... files at content 0000000000000 is only addon/game dlc/TU updates/ ect

but can you upload that file ? if its not too big that is...

Reverse Engineer

Array

Added version 2.0 in the first post, now compression works 100%! Verified working by decompressing and the recompressing the savegame without any changes.

Happy modding :)
    Downloads : 47 || Uploads : 4 || Rep Power : 5329 || Posts : 211 || Thanks : 71 || Thanked 737 Times in 108 Posts

If you feel like donating some bit coins, please do so to address "1DNcjKhrVTGnKTyQYbjx8yTRoenTSySeoP", if you are interested in other projects visit www.chipit.se or www.baeckstrom.com, thanks!

gamer546

So im total noob but the XP seems to add the total xp so if u have upgrades it would be 2000+ the ammount it show in game......like mine is 1505 but made a upgrade so in editor it shows 3505 or 455B1000.

that seem right? hmmm oh well i changed that to 22000 my game crashed :o every time i edit sumthing the save file change size after reinjecting to the con so a checksum is prolly needed?
    Last edited by gamer546; 10-20-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast